Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

kestbryankkestbryan Posts: 8
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in New Member Introductions
i am a new member. i just past my 2nd week after ADR surgery.
i had 2 level ADR with the prodisc.
firstly i just wanted to thank all of you who have written in and shared your experience. this website is the absolute most informative website i have found on spine issue's. As well as all of your input had a large impact on my decision to have surgery. After 17 years of pain and trying every treatment i felt valid with no success i finally became open to surgery.
At the 2 week mark ( post surgery ) i do feel pretty good. i am not yet ready to allow myself to get too excited about the results as i am still a little sore from surgery and definitely still in a protective mode. yet i do have moments when i am not sore
and i do feel pain free. yet after half a day of mild activity the soreness comes back. i guess this is normal after such an invasive procedure.
i will keep posting my progress.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. congratulations on your surgery and the results you are having so far!! i hope your recovery continues on the same note throughout.. be sure and follow the doctor's orders.. good luck to you! i look forward to following your progress.. Jenny :)
  • ok just lifted a 40lbs bag of dog food. wrong move 2 weeks after adr surgury.
    so stupid i just did not want to ask for help. loads of soreness. i am hoping i did not tweak those adr's out of place.
    does anyone know how those adr's stay rooted in there and how easy is it for them to slip out????
  • They should not be able to slip out. Mine has the plates that has like claws that get pounded in to the bone but bone does have to fuse around it to get a good grip. Mine is the flexicore disc done back in 2004. I am sure prodisc is similar when put in. But dude you cant lift anything untill its all grown in there or else you might be in pain for a lifetime. You only have 1 shot at proper healing with good results posibly so dont screw it up. Walking is fine from what they told me. At least untill you get in to pt. Good luck
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • as you say its the best site for trusted information .as for you pro disk {lumbar were they}? unless you do something really dumb they wont slip out .i have done years of research {patient based} on ADR and i even saw a consultant with a view to having mine done but my spine is so bad all he could offer me was ALIF surgey {should be having it in sept} did you have your surgey done in the uk by the famous mr s? you will know how he is if you had him other wise you wont have a clue what i am saying! .i wish i could have had ADR but after waiting for 12 months ALIF surgey is about as good as it is going to get for me .i wish you the best in your recovery and PLEASE dont do anything stupid !
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • yes these are 2 lumbar adr's. L4 L5 & L5 S1
    yeah i will be extra gentle. i can't imagine having a successful surgery then screwing it up myself. i am a little sore this morning. soreness that was not there before lifting. thanks to both of you for letting me know they won't slip out easily and needing to really let the bones grow around them completely before lifting.
    do you know how long that's supposed to take?
    thanks again and i wish you both some healing and relief!!!!!