Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tomorrow I Go For My ReEval

bep1224bbep1224 Posts: 103
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Tomorrow I have to get up quite early to get on the road and travel about an hour and a half for my check up. I get re-evaluated for my Disability Retirement pension. The ride there is killer on my back, hip, and leg. There should be no troubles showing him where it hurts. LOL I have all my MRI discs and reports to date, showing where my back problems are getting worse not better since my surgery 3 yrs ago when I was first put on Disability Retirement. In fact I had my monthly Pain Mgmt meeting yesterday and am being scheduled to see the Neurosurgeon hopefully very soon because the pain level is getting the better of me. Too bad I didn't get to see him before going to the Disability Board because it might have helped my case more. I worry about being turned down even though I am worse than what I was before and am in pain 24/7. I worry about losing my insurance and my husbands insurance. What if the guy doesn't care that I am in pain and I have ruptures and bulges. Stenosis, scar tissue? I know I am being paranoid, as I had no problems from the first time and this is done like every 3 years until I am old enough. (52 now) I could get better somehow? Hmmmmm.....I wonder what that job would be. I need a job that I can take heavy duty pain meds, so no driving or operating equipment, I get drowsy, no lifting anything over 7 lbs, no standing for long periods, no sitting for long periods, no using my arms for long or they act up too. I need to lay down on my side with pillows for at least 30 min to 1 hr increments. With my ice pad or TENS attached. Someone would have a job for me wouldn't they? So this is why I worry so much when I shouldn't. So think of me tomorrow. Pray that the Dr is the same great Dr that realized last time that I couldn't work with my back as it was. Then also pray that the surgeon gets me in quickly and finds what is wrong with the lumbar,hip, and leg. TAke Care All. Beth

• I will send you positive energy and thoughts that all goes well tomorrow with the hearing. Since you are worse than you were when awarded, hopefully this will be a non event for you.

Is this re-evaluation for SS or for a job you retired from under disability? My agency has me fill out paperwork, and too my doctor adds his statement, that's it - no in person meetings or hearings if a re-evaluation is needed. Support *HUGZ* all goes well tomorrow.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.