Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Going from glass half full to depressed

JaimeJJaime Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Depression and Coping
For the past few years, I've been dealing with chronic back pain, TMJ and digestive issues. I feel like an old lady but I'm only 47 - and I used to be an athlete! I did NOT predict this! Anyway, I kept thinking, "This (fill in the therapy/treatment) is the one that will work." And kept thinking that this would all be over soon. But now, I am going from glass half full to being pretty bummed. I don't know what to do except surrender (spiritually) and keep trying to take good care of myself. I just am not able to keep the smile on my face like I used to...not sure what to do to be a little happier in this body right now. Looking forward to what people have to say.This is my first posting.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,856
    I am sure you will find a lot of good information here as well as a super group of people.

It will help us if you could provide more information about yourself.

- Condition
    - Treatments
    - Surgeries
    - Medications
    - etc

The more we know about each member, the easier it is to respond to posts.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Hello Jaime and welcome to spine-health. Everything Metalneck says is very true and I agree completely.
    For myself, no matter how well adjusted I seem to think that I am, it happens that I have my moments or times when I get tired of trying to remain positive and strong, and I feel once again that I am starting all over again at the beginning. This time I try a new or different strategy, talk to a friend, log on to sh, and just breathe. We know how you feel Jaime and it's ok to have those days.

Have you discussed this with your Dr(s)? Sometimes counseling can help, though I'm not suggesting that you need this, but it can be helpful sometimes to learn to deal with ongoing CP.

• MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    Dealing with chronic pain (and other health issues) is absolutely NO FUN at any age.

Your idea of supplementing spritual support is strongly advised and greatly respected. Are you getting appropriate attention from your medical providers? (Diagnostic and theraputic work ups and plans of action(s))?

Regarding the glass .... I always like the idea that the glass is not half empty or half full .....
    Its just the wrong darn size!!

Again welcome to SH .... you will find that there are many here who struggle with similar issues and questions .... and that the power of the group and the support provided .... can make each of us a bit stronger .... and feel less alone with our journey.

Warmest Welcome,

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!