Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

yaa hoo hearing date with the ALJ set

john 40jjohn 40 Posts: 190
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Health Insurance Issues
finely date set 4.5 months away.
i wonder if i will be living under a bridge by then

• Hey John,
    I'm glad to hear you have a court date set!! I just had mine a week ago, so now I sit back and do some more waiting for the official letter telling me as to whether I'm approved or not. According to my lawyer, he says I will be approved, and also the vocational expert at my hearing said that there was no jobs that I could do, with all of my restrictions and my condition. I know it's gonna seem like forever till you hearing date gets here, but it will be here before you know it. Good luck and hang in there.
  • Hi; and just wanna wish you the best of luck at your hearing. Hope it goes in your favor.
  • good luck with your letter sounds like you should get it no prob,
    jim thanks =
    Lookin back i guess it really has not been that long playing the ssdi game. will be 17 months at the time of hearing 30 months from when the roller coaster ride begun. i think the hardest part is getting my head around that i can not do most of the things i did before and when i try and push it or even some of the simplest things takes me out for days
  • I filed to my hearing date wasn't quite a year and a half. I filed in Dec. of 2009, and as I said just had my hearing a week and a half ago. I was rather surprised, but happy, as I've had soooo many tell me to expect it to take AT LEAST two years. I do know that I am fortunate to have had it go this quickly. I know there are lots of people who wait years, and go thru several denials before they get approved. I thank God every day for everything I am blessed with. I'm very thankful to also have had a wonderful neurosurgeon who was behind me 200% about filing for disability. Actually he was the one who told me I needed to file. I'll be sure and let you and everyone else know when I get my letter. :)
  • lawyer called yesterday say hearing canceled .crap?
    ssdi checked over my file and made a fully favorable decision yaa OMG still cant believe it 17 months since filing .
    well 60 to 90 days to get the official letter and then try to get my early retirement .
    still cant believe it i should be officially broken by new years .
  • Your case and mine could have been the same. They waited until just a few days before the hearing to call and say that I had been fully approved. It took me about 45 days to get my back pay and get my pension set up, but it is definitely a blessing having the extra money coming in, and also the medicare.