Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Greeting everyone!

spikesspike Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi -

I'm new to the forum. I had L5-S1 spinal fusion in July of 2010 and am now being told I have a failed fusion. I am having increased pain that is almost as bad as before the operation. Anyway, I posted my rather lengthy story along with a bunch of questions in the "Back & Neck Surgery" forum under the topic "Advice on revision surgery for failed fusion". Hopefully someone on this board has been through a similar experience and can help me with some advice.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    You will find lots of info on this site.
    I have no experience with surgery for the spine, but just wanted to say hi and welcome you.
    Keep in touch.
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can.i see you are making your way around alright! good for you! the forum is so full of information and there are lots of good people willing to answer all of your questions.. stop by anytime! good luck with your pain issues!! Jenny :)
  • I had a collapsed disc at L5-S1, and had a fusion surgery back in Sept. of 2008. As for me the fusion was a success, it was just complications otherwise that messed me up. As I mentioned I had a PLIF in Sept, 2008, but then I had a nasty infection to set in a week after surgery, which intially was just under the skin and seemed to resolved itself within a few weeks or so. But alas, that wasn't the case, as a couple months later at Christmas I woke one day to excrutiating pain and could barley walk. so after the holiday, I got back to my doc and he did blood work, and found out that the ugly infection had reared it's head again, but this time was deep down in at rod and screws, so once again I underwent another surgery, this time to remove the pockets of infection. I was on MAJOR strength antibiotics for a couple of months after that, but that did do the trick as the infection finally did go away. But now I am left with "failed back syndrome, degenerative disc, small fiber neuropathy, and myopathy."
    My doc told me I could never go back to work in the factory again, and I ended up having to file for SSD, which I am now waiting for the official answer from the judge as to whether I am approved or not. I wish you the best of luck on your "journey" and hope you will find a lot of the answers you are looking for, or just any support you might need to get thru.