Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Question for you

donutmomddonutmom Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
I can bend over and touch my toes with out any pain. Now if you ask me to only bend half way, then that is another story. I have noticed that every doctor thus far that I have seen has asked me to bend over and touch my toes. My question is this........Should it be hurting me when it actually doesn't, because the doctors sure seem to think it should?

If you have Thoracic issues like me........please let me know if you can bend over with out pain or if I am just an odd nut.

• Donutmom,

Howdy and Welcome to Spine Health!! I have thoracic issues (DDD, spurs) at T8/9/10 along with lumbar issues. I can bend over to my toes with little discomfort, it is the "coming back up" part that is killer. Bending partially is a mother too. I have to brush my teeth in stages as just that 20 degrees or so that we bend forward for to clean dishes or brush teeth hurts like crazy. So I guess in my spiney book, you are normal! (G)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Ditto- getting straight from any bent position can take me off my feet- the pain is intense.