Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

7 days severe head pain

flowerfflower Posts: 460
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
and still counting

i tell you my whole left side of head from base of skull up and side and over top to temple,and eye

like every nerve severely inflammed and even the skull bones killing me and scalp so very sore

ive had these before for a few years, but i tell you when it goes on this long you just dont wanna wake up, coz you no the pains gonna hit

been iceing, painkillers and anti-inflam, they dull it a bit, but dont take it away

i just got back from my gp who did a occipital nerve block, i so hope it calms it all down

7 days of this level of pain is too much to take

gp said there was a procedure where they can cut the occipital nerve, anyone had that

• I am sorry to hear that you are still suffering with your headache.

I do hope that the occipital nerve block will help you.

I find that when I get those headaches, gently lifting my head very slightly eases the pain. I put my hands behind my ears at the base of my skull, and very gently lift. My physio does it too.

Feel better soon. >:D< >:D< >:D<

• Headaches like that can be the worst! I hope the block helps. While it didn't fully knock the headaches out, I was given Imitrex to help mine. Have they given you any specific headache pain medications?

I so hope you find relief soon GF!! *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • the area to left of eye,and also up higher on the bone/artery that is still severly painfull, im continuly iceing it, wish they could do a block there

i even ask the dr could you inject all over my head, but of course he couldnt

it so painfull and just wont stop,cant handle this

seems to be starting to help on the lower back of head

jelly, thanks for suggestion,at this point id like to grab my head and rip it off

brenda,im just taking my normal painkillers, feels like the arteries are inflammed too

thanks guys for your hugs

just remembered , gp said i could have another occipital nerve block in a week

• Sorry you have had this headache for so long. I understand your concern at the length of time this is lasting but I think that this is best discussed with a Doctor. Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on. It sounds like you're handling this well even though you're scared. I would think they could give you something to relax your muscles and make it go away for the time being. Try not to worry, I know it is easy for me to say, but please keep in touch; you have a 'family' here now to support you
  • Flower,

Maybe you might want to visit bringing up to your doctor possible medications that can help your headaches? Imitrex is for migraines, but for some of my headaches, it helps. Mine start on the left side of my skull, and slowly as it progresses wraps around the base of my skull, then forward like a shower cap. Sucks...

Another thought. (this worked for me), Have you tried changing your sleeping positions? For me, if my head is elevated, I wake with less headaches, or minor ones that Aspirin can take care of. Just a thought...*HUG*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • and now day 14 of excriciating occipital and temporal severe pain

it wont go, is very severe and unrelenting

the occipital nerve steroid injection into head only slighty helped, and not for long

dr says over C2-C3 cutting of nerve, after researching literature and studies, this is major surgery, with cutting the muscles from C1-C4, with laminectomy and cutting open the dura ,to expose cord and all the nerves coming off cord and rootlets, sectioning them off and cutting them

i really dont like this idea and cosidering i need to have 4 level laminectomy, decompression and fusion for myelopathy from C4-C8,that would mean 7 cervical levels of taking away all that lamina

i dont see how this is going to be possible

my head pain is unbearable even my hair hurts and have many severe unrelenting pain areas in my head face temporal eyes even eyebrows

this is obviouly a very severe long episode,and i dont no if its going to stop, somehow i think not, gone on continuously for too long

just thought id update when i was able too as couldnt post for awhile, even makes it worse to talk

dont no how on earth they gonna mange this as i have extreme deterioation