Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My son just left to go back to Iraq

patgibson93ppatgibson93 Posts: 67
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Water Cooler
I just kissed my son goodbye as he left to go BACK to Iraq. Since he's going back for his second tour - that makes it a back-related issue. I'm SI proud of him - he's a Combat Medic. He's been here for me since my ALIF on 22 Feb 11. I'm going to miss him in so many ways.

His unit will be in final prep mode for the next few weeks here in the states. Philip will have leave Memorial Day weekend, but that will be the last time we'll see him for a year.

He's my hero. Will you all support him with your prayers?

Pat Gibson
L5S1 ALIF 2-22-11
Now L4 Retrolisthisis

• Hi; and i know you are a proud parent.

The very best of luck to your son, and i will pray he and all our troops stay safe.
    Hoping they all come home soon.

Your son's service is appreciated from this Marine veteran.
  • Saying a prayer for your son and may he return safe home to you. One day maybe it will be a safe world but every man and woman who go there make it a better world for us and our descendent's and each one is essential and cared for who serve their country.I hope you continue to heal also. Keep us posted. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I know how you feel, from seeing it in my own mom's eyes every time I left on tour. I hope your son has a good tour, and comes home safe and sound. As I always told my mom, try not to worry too much, we're trained well for this, and no news is good news so if you don't hear from him, he's all right. You're all in my thoughts.
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • I will think of and pray for your son every day as he serves our country! Tell him thank you for his service and to stay safe!

I know how you feel. Being a military mom is hard. We think of our kids and their mates often daily and quietly pray for them until we see them again. Good luck to you and your son as he serves his tour in Iraq!

My son is in the Navy, subs.It's called the silent service because many don't realize that with all of the technology this day and age there is no communication for weeks, sometimes months at a time while the sub is under. Only if the sub comes up where it can get a signal or is at base can there be an e-mails,calls and of course there is no(snail)mail call while they are out. It's very hard for them because they don't know what is going on at home or on the news. Also,"loose lips sink ships" so we never know when,where or what and even afterward he can't tell us much. This time our son been gone 5 wks. already without any word, but like Kelly says, no news is good news!

Stay strong and proud! Congrats for raising such a fine son! What a blessing that he could be home with you while you needed him by your side and that you had that extra time together! I'm glad you get to see him one more time and give him a big hug before he leaves! I hope the days pass quickly until he's home again! Take care!

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    hi Pat,

Just wanted to say thank you to your son for what he does. You must be very proud and rightfully so of his accomplishments in his field and serving our country. Our friends son just finished his last stint as a combat field medic and I can really understand how you feel.
    Take care and our thoughts will be with you, your son, and all the others that
    proudly serve in the armed forces.
  • Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Authority Member Liz
  • Youve got my prayers going out for your and all the other children serving.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health