Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

VA digital images sagittal spine L5-s1herniation, and now S1-S2?

AlatheaAAlathea Posts: 2
I fell 12 feet with a rucksack on in the Army in 2001 and ruptured my l5-S1 during a long march field exercise. It was a month before I got an mRI and by that time Id been feeling numbness in my toes and they had started talking about an MEB/PEB.

Fast forward to now, after discharge in 2002. Im rated 40% disabled for my L5-S1 herniation by the VA and 10% in 1 leg (rt) for radiculopathy. I am also service connected for ED because of parasympathetic nerve impingement.

Ive been complaining for years about my left leg radiating pain/tingles, etc, and Ive been denied service connection for it, despite connection for the other extremity, on the basis of "no clinical demonstration of radiculopathy in my left extremity". My old MRI from 8 years ago says" “MRI of the lumber spine demonstrations significant degenerative disc
disease at L5-S1. There is a right para central herniated nucleus pulposus that extend inferior behind the bodyof S1 with some displacement of the right S1 nerve root”"

So,I got a new MRI this morning from the VA and, while I havent seen the NarSumm yet, it *looks* to me like the disc below l5-s1 is ruptured or something now as well. Am I looking at this correctly? I've included 1 Sagittal image. I have the axials, but I the digital images I have on the disc are all layered and I don't now how to read the axial images yet.

L 3-4 (I think) Is this one pushing out the other direction (towards the front)?

L5-S1 and S1-S2

• I got confused, so I dug out my old ones.

L5-S1 was always busted, now it looks like the one ABOVE it (L4-5) is shot, and L2-3 further up looks weird on the front, but maybe not. Here is my old shot from 2001.