Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Ticked Off that job has ruined my spine!

WandtmacWWandtmac Posts: 122
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Chronic Pain
Well its been a while. Been recovering well since last surgery & enjoying my bundle of joy that I received just days after my neck surgery. I've been very happy & had my pain to a livable level so I could enjoy my life.

On Dec 17 2010 that all changed! It snowed a little here on Dec 16 and for the first time ever I called into work. My child has changed me to rethink driving in rough conditions. Its fine for me but my babysitter is across town and that job isn't worth her safety! The following day I went to work. The roads were all clean but the one leading into my job. The parking lot was a solid sheet of ice & I choose to park in a safer spot , yeah right. 9.5 hours later its time to leave. The lot had been cleared some & looked much safer. Well, slam! Traci's on the ground. Coworkers were trying to get to me and I kept yelling stop ice! A friend pulled her car around and the headlights showed it all. Ice all around me & my truck. Took a while to get in it and my body just felt stunned.

Numerous test later and they are stating both low back & neck surgeries have now failed due to the impact.

I'm very mad about taking years of very hard work & tons of pain. A very large company to cheap to have the lot cleared & salt down while no one is there. 3 others were hurt as well from the some issue.

I'm now facing tons of rehab, numerous injections & never working again. I've worked my entire life and never stopped during all of this crap. Now I have trouble with simple daily chores.

Babydoll still makes me smile & laugh. I've retained an atty that made a settlement sound promising. Don't need to be rich just need my comfortable life back soon!

Just needed to vent!
Traci Mac

• I'm sorry to hear what happened with your fall and completely disabling you. So glad little baby doll is getting you through all of this. You take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Oh that is horrible.
    I know you did not do this so maybe you already thought of it. Be careful not to give name or anything about the company since you have pending legal issues with them ;)

I pray things get to at lest a do-able level for you :hug:
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • I'm so lucky to had found this site after my neck surgey. Everyone here is so sweet & venting is understood.
    Yes, Miss Mia has kept me very positive during all of this. I still have hopes of rehab helping but if not being a stay at home mommy isn't a bad thing.
  • You know when I rant & rave I forget important things like that! I do try to read over my post but THANK YOU for the reminder...I will take advice or eminders anytime.
  • I sure hope the settlement covers very well for current and future medical needs not to mention financial stability to live.

I would be so beyond pissed if this happened to me (basing on what you called your company). Both fusions damaged falling at work, wow, what luck is that? I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I'm not the type of person to make a decision without great thought. But when they sent me to the copamny dr that 1st made comments about me adopting a baby at my old age of 40 & then said my PM dr had to treatment but wouldn't tell WC that nor refer me I decided I had enough!

I'm going to fight this & try my best to get some of my life back!

Thanks for the support!

Ps..one women broke her hip & another needed knee surgery. Not sure about the last person. No one hurt those days have returned to work yet.
  • I use to live in upper state NY, and I swear sheet ice is harder than falling on concrete! It isn't of course, just feels that way. I've slipped a few times, but fortunately, no real injury short of a bruised butt!

I sometimes see large companies like government. They seem to figure if they put enough blocks in front of the employee, the employee will give up the fight! What these companies fail to realize, those names on the work roster are PEOPLE with lives! I'm glad you're going fight these big wigs! Good for you!

Oh, and congrats on your new baby!! :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
This discussion has been closed.