Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

not really any better after 18 mos

motelman99mmotelman99 Posts: 122
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Chronic Pain
hello,haven't post for sometime.i had a 4 level pelvic fusion about 18 mos ago.im still in pain never left at all.went for a mri the other day and now i have moderate stenosis at the l2.with some bony hyertrophy causing some posterior encroachment.but i also have this large seroma.never heard of this before.

also i had a 2 level in my neck c456.about 3 years ago.now i have a prominent bulg disc at c67 with stenosis and narrowing stuff.

been going to pm gotten lots of shots and pain meds helps some but my pain is always like 6-7-8. any way i don;t want any more surgeries.i have had back & neck pain dating back to 1990. just needed to vent i guess.thank you for reading my post.

• to hear that you're still experiencing so much pain. Are you doing any physical therapy? I'm about 2.5 years post-op, and I still go (now only about twice a month instead of once a week). The techniques I have learned for moving safely and comfortably have been invaluable, and I always feel a lot better after I go.
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • Just a thought... If you have a solid fusion I would get the hardware removed? Have you seen the screws and the ends of them that hold the rods in. They cause alot of muscle pain them self. I gained a new pain after my 1st lumbar fusion that never went away and stayed until all lumbar fusions were done. I had all hardware removed except the anterior and it was night and day. I feel great in that area was so worth the extra surgery to get them out. and the seroma is a fluid build up. usually needs to be treated drained or something.

I am sorry you are having problems still nothing is worse than going threw surgeries and still having pain and frustrations. Spine fusions are the worst surgeries to have and have the worst out come the part that most do not understand is the long term out come and how it effect the rest of the spine. I truly feel for you and understand how you feel.

• I fell in Janu 2010 and broke my L1 Vertabrae also broke my wrist, its now 16 months on and I can not work full time am in constant pain and feel my life is never going to return to full working order. My wrist is having to have a wrist fusion am tyring to keep that at bay for a few years and not have to have MRI scan next week as doc thinks the wedge may have not healed. Is there anyone having same trouble.

• Long time no see. I'm sorry that you're having so much pain. I also started having severe pain lately and it turned out to be mechanical. I've been very active at my new job and my doc said that my L4/5 can't move with all the hardware, so something has to move and it turns out to be my L5/S1. He really thought it would be my L3/4, but it isn't considering where my pain generator is.

So I'll also throw out the PT thing, like Linda. My doc also put me on a Medrol pack that seemed to help as well.

What does your doc say about the seroma? That can cause a lot of pain, from what I hear.

Hope you start to feel better. Please keep us posted.
  • I feel for you. It stinks… I have similar issues that cause sciatic nerve pain which can just drive you crazy. I also have stenosis is in 3 areas and there doesn’t appear to be anything that can be done about that – the narrowing anyway. It stinks... I think there are a lot of folks here that are in the same boat. Go thru all that painful awful surgery only to end up the same or worse with time. I guess sometimes it just boils down good pain meds, rest and blowing off most of your life... Depressing at best.
  • well the drs didn't call me yesterday so i called them today.i see my pmd the 27th of may. and my neuro going to call me on the 17th of may. i'm thinking of getting a second opinion from a new neuro.
    the neuro i have now said i have (fbs).i think he just gave up on me. don't think he will even call me back.
    this seroma that i have i want to get rid of it asap.
    i want to thank you for writing me.
This discussion has been closed.