Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Could not get through bone to inject?

nowwhat44nnowwhat44 Posts: 47
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Spinal Injections
I went in to get some steroid injections at the nerve root this week. They were going to try and hit the L/5 and S/1 roots. Which was weird enough to me becaus eI am fused at that lever and my arthritis/stenosis is at the l/4 l/5 level. But while going fot the l/5 they had to give up because she said there was too much bone. Then did the s/1. SO I have no relief really, maybe a tiny bit.

A) I still don't get why if my stenosis is at l/4 l /5 why they were going into the s/1.

B) Now what?! Does this mean only option is surgery? To be honest my pain level is not near surgery heights yet so not gonna happen soon. But I am thinking down the road. Ar

C) are facet join injections different than nerve root injections and would that maybe work/help despite all the bone growth?

D)I am more confused every day as to what is wrong with me and they seem to be too.

• Yeah, they don't inject through the bone, and it sounds to me like your Dr just did not take the time to explain the situation to you at length. You can read all about the different types of injections and just how they are done here