Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie looking for opinions

acasselmanaacasselman Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I was looking for info on ESI and came upon this website. It looks like something that can help my decision making process.
About six weeks ago I began experiencing tingling and numbness in my left arm whenever I sat down. It got so bad I was unable to sit at the computer at all and was only comfortable on the sofa reclining to the left.
I went to my DO for an adjustment and experienced some relief but went back a week later for a follow-up. With her approval I began chiropractic treatments, after 5-6 treatments I was not improving much and began to experience some pain at night, it felt like I had a blood pressure wrap on way too tight and like someone was pressing a knuckle into my forearm. This was waking me up several times a night.
The chiropractor was close by but not in our insurance loop so I changed chiropractors. This time I began to experience some relief! She had a different approach, listened to my symptoms and what my Dr had said and tailored my treatment to fit! The other place was more like assembly line treatment!
I now have very little tingling or pain and seem to be slowly improving but both Doctors wanted me to get an MRI.
It shows 'mild degenerative disc disease,posterior disc bulge and osteophtye formation resulting in mild flattening of the ventral thecal sac and ventrolateral exiting neuroforaminal stenosis'
My DO has suggested getting an ESI but I don't know if my symptoms really make it necessary especially since the chiropractic sessions are helping.
The other factor is that I work part time doing clerical work that seems to be aggravating my condition. I'm thinking it might make more sense to find a different job and continue the current therapy.
I'm not really looking for someone to tell me what to do, just some opinions from people who have experienced this at other levels.
Sorry this is so long! Thanks for your input!!