Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Has anyone had to deal with incontinence after ALIF?

Annie-mAAnnie-m Posts: 108
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I don't know if it's from the surgery or what but I have started having bouts of stress incontinence. I had this problem many many years ago but I had the bladder repair surgery done.

I seemed to be doing really well up until about 7-10 days ago. Then the pain came back like pre ALIF and the low back muscle spasms too. You know the kind, like when your back goes out and you can't move for a while, muscle spasms? I don't know what to think now :T

ALIF April 2011 but it turns out I broke before it barely fused.
L4-L5 posterior fusion December 2013

• you should contact your doctor immediately when it comes to any kind of bladder problems!! he should be informed and let him help you with that.. please do this as soon as possible.. good luck and please keep us informed!! Jenny :)
  • contact your consultant ASAP
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • I guess I'll give a call tomorrow then. Should I call the surgeon or the neurologist?

ALIF April 2011 but it turns out I broke before it barely fused.
    L4-L5 posterior fusion December 2013