Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain following Discectomy

swampysswampy Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Recovering from Surgery
~X( ~X( I had a Discectomy 04/11/2009 at L5/S1, following being let down by my local Hospital. My accident was on the 24/04/2009 where I slipped a disc lifting a roll of carpet.The pain radiated from my lower back all the way down my left leg to my little toe leaving it feeling numb but still painful. After the op the pain was relieved for about a couple of days then started creeping back again.Then on the 01/12/2009 whilst walking I felt a sudden "snapping" feeling in my lower back.My surgeon ordered an MRI scan and diagnosed me with "scarring" on the S1 nerve root,then prescribed an Epidural to relieve the pain then physio to aid recovery at my local pain clinic.The pain clinic put me on physio for three months until they discovered it was making the pain worse.Then on the 22/06/2010 I got my Epidural,but during the procedure as he injected the fluid I felt excruciating pain so he briefly stopped then carried on slowly.The day after my pain doubled at least and I had pain from my right hip/leg that I had never experienced before,it was normally the left side.Since then I have had more MRI's and once again they say it's down to "scar" tissue and other than a Dorsal Stimulator there's nothing they can do!.My pain is constant no matter what,I am unable to walk any distance at all,I'm unable to get any relief at all.My meds are currently 120mg Morphine,600mg Pregabalin(Lyrica),75mg Amitriptyline to no reasonable affect.I am very unsure about my diagnosis,could it be FBSS (failed back surgery syndrome)or some other problem?. Is there anyone out there with the same problem or any advice for me? please help I'm at my wits end!!!!