Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Weak calf - suggestions,experiences

steelmoverssteelmover Posts: 1
Hello, here is my story.
Around April 20th i went to lay on the floor and i felt like something slid sideways in my very lower back. it sent the worst spasms thru my rear end, down my hamstring, and into my calf. 2 days after i noticed my calf was weaker and then the third day it did not want to work. i had no strength to push off it. since then the spasms have stopped. i had a burning pain in my hamstring, that has diminished. my calf has been improving from where it would collapse to now i could somewhat walk on my toes. I still cannot run. it fatigues immediately. also the tingling (hypersensitivity) on the outside of my calf is gone but i still have some on the bottom rigtht side of my foot.

do you think the nerve is just slowly regenerating, or do you think something is still pressing on the nerve.

any suggestions, tips, experiences would be appreciated.

• I still have many of the same problems and some new ones. I'm not sure which surgery you had but I feel things move around and pop in my back all the time. My right calf was completely usless for a while. It apparently takes time for the nerves to regenerate and somnetimes they dont at all. Rebuilding all those muscles will take PT and a lot of patience.I still dont have a reflex in my achillies tendon and the doctor recently told me it may not come back at all. Are you in PT currently? what surgery did you have and how long ago? have patience and good luck.