Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neuro Stimulation experience- no meds, lessened chronic pain

coyotewildwomanccoyotewildwoman Posts: 130
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Chronic Pain
I know when I was looking into this option there wasn't much info on the site.

I wanted to share an update of my experience. I have been very pleased with the results and am basically medication free, which was my primary goal.

I still feel chronic sciatic pain but am very happy with 80% reduction. I did not expect a miracle cure, my back is too much of a mess so I am realistic.

What I like about this method is that it is not systemic. It just impacts where it is needed and the support team has been great customising it for my needs. I also control the levels and whether it is on or off. It was very minor surgery and the worst case scenario was they would take it out. I was and am done with the heavy duty meds, and surgery.

So I would call this a real success and now am moving onto integrating a plan into my life to live a great, productive life with the level of pain I now experience. And I am always open minded to new options and do lots of research.

I am very interested in integrative medicine around chronic pain management, and think that is the way to go for many people in chronic pain.

We are all unique in our response to treatments and meds, and some progressive doctors are finally seeing that a mix of different treatments, western and alternative medicine might be the solution for patients in chronic pain.

Everyone is different, but I can't believe that just prescribing ever more heavy duty meds is the solution in many cases.

Duke University is offering one such program and I am thinking of joining their winter program.

Keep in mind that I am not a medical professional so always consult with your medical care provider before adding or stopping a treatment or medication.

• Thank you for sharing this info! I think it is fantastic that you've been able to get to this level of relief, just sorry you had to go through so much to get there!

I would love to hear about your studies if you decide to go- it sounds like something we really need to follow up on and get on board here... surgery and narcotics cannot be the "only" answer... they just cant be :(
  • Do you have a spinal cord stimulator or a pain pump? I'm not sure i understand what you had done.
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
This discussion has been closed.