Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

blazerblazer Posts: 785
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Pain Medications
Hi, and i'm not sure if this would be the right place to post this. So gonna give it a shot.

Allergy season is out full force already. Weatherman warned us, due to all the snow and rain this year.

So a poll.
Whats your allergy medication of choice.

I've always used Clairitin, but now Allegra can be bought OTC. So this year i'm gonna try Allegra, and hope i'm not sorry.

If i remember correctly you are not suppose to mix Anthistamine's with these pain meds. Tho i could be wrong. If you have allerigies you need to take something.

So whats your allergy med. of choice.

• I too use Claritin. My Cardiologist (as I take Beta blockers) "asked" me to drop the "D" for it. The ClaritinD did great for my coughs and sneezes, but was contradictory to my Beta medication. I now take the regular Claritin.

In south Florida, "allergy" season is pretty much year round, but this time of the year too, is "smoke" season for all the brush fires!!! :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • For me it has the least drowsy effect. I tried Zyrtec, Claritin, Singulair, Allegra. Zyrtec works best but also has the worst side effects. Not so much drowsy as the next day I just don't want to do anything.

My doc gave me a script for generic Allegra, Fexofenadine. Cheap and very effective for me.

All this is subjective though. Try it for a week or so and see what happens. Almost all of them are OTC now.
  • I still get it via perscription as I take it 365. The hassle you have to go through to get it otc show id, scan drivers lisence, sign name, I don't go through that for pain meds... Some insurance won't cover since it's otc but thank goodness mine will for generic.
    laminectomy c4/c5 2008, ACDF c4-c7 Jan 20 2014 sched
  • During the really high pollen count time I take 1 bendryl a bedtime and skip pain meds.

Day time and lower pollen count times I use the regular Claritin. Not allowed to take the regular Claritin D either.

L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.