Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tomorrow's the big day!

KimD592KKimD592 Posts: 435
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Chronic Pain
My appt with the NS is at 12:45. We are going to go over the results of my CT myelogram that I had done one Thursday and talk about possible surgery (or so that's what they say). I'm so nervous about this. My biggest fear is going there and being told that there is nothing they can do for me. I'm in so much pain on a daily basis. It makes it difficult to care for my three children. The pins and needles and electrical shock sensations in my legs make it difficult to get around. Back in October when I first hurt my back, I never imagined I'd still be in pain 7 months later. I just want this nightmare to be over. I'll update you all when I get home from my appt. Fingers crossed for some answers!!


  • Kim,

    Saw your post and understand your dilemma and challenges you are having with your lumbar spine injury and sure can relate to where you are !

    My heart-thoughts go out to you with the pain and dysfunction you have been experiencing and not only trying to cope with how it is affecting you and your life, but you are also a mother of three children all of the concerns and care that requires of you.

    I can relate to the dilemma of surgery being the only option to bring some resolution. We haven't chatted, but wanted to let you know that you will be in my heart-thoughts and prayers for the important assessment being done and for a good option for treatment and surgery appears to be the best option.

    Please know you are not alone in this journey and lean on us with the steps you are taking and in making the best decision that is right for you.

    Hoping all goes well with you appointment tomorrow and do let us know what NS assessment and determination is for you.

    Glad you are here, I came to SH a year ago and it has been such a blessing and support on this spine journey!

  • coming your way. I remember being told there was nothing they could do for me. I had three levels of my spine with ruptured discs, and my surgeon wouldn't touch me. I burst into tears, then spent over an hour crying out in the parking lot. I could barely walk, how could they leave me in that condition? Well, I didn't give up. I found a research hospital and saw a surgeon there. Today I have my life back and I am so grateful. Hang in there. I'm hoping it will all work out!
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • Thanks ladies! I definitely won't give up, even if I don't get the answers I am looking for today. I've already discovered that my insurance DOES cover doctors at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, so that is where I'll be getting my second opinion if today's appt doesn't go well. For now, I'm so darn nervous!!
  • Good luck to you!! I also see my surgeon today as well, to see if he says another surgery is in my near future or not. Not sure if it's too late or not, but I would suggest that maybe you write all your questions/symptoms down to take with you, as with a lot of us, as soon as we walk in our minds go blank. Good luck and let us know what he says!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • of you today Kim, and hoping that all goes well with your appointment.
    I too know how you feel when you have tried everything and know that surgery is your only hope.

    My kids are teenagers, so can only imagine how hard it is with young children feeling the way we do. I sincerly hope you get good news and the surgeon will be able to help you quickly.

    Will be waiting for your update.
    >:D< Karen

    Kelly, all the best at your appointment today too!
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Register to comment.