Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What Now?

SaddleSSaddle Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I FINALLY got my MRI results back (this is a small town and a small hospital). I have "narrowing above the fusion site" according to the message the nurse left on my phone. They are referring me back to a neurosurgeon. Can someone tell me what this means. Is this another disk...domino effect as someone explained previously.
THIS is actually more painful and more discomforting than my original situation that required the first fusion surgery.

• MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    But I have a similar occurance above my fusion site.

I have what they lovingly call an hour glass formation with an anterior slipped disc indenting the thecal sac on the front and and an osteopyhte or a hypertrophic posterior ligiment flavium indenting the thecal sac on the posterior of the C3 space.

I am fused from C4-C7 and its just a matter of time till this situation will need to be addressed .... you'd think after 5 surgeries they would of taken care of this also, but it has progressed over the past 6 years and wasn't as bad when the did the original surgery and subsequent revisions were performed.

I know it is one of the primary pain generators and a significan't risk if I am injured. But we know our docs .... they love to treat "concervitively" and wait till were in crisis before they will intervene surgically. Which for me right now is OK!!

Best of outcomes with what ever is decided!!

Warmest regards,

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• The MRI analysis this:

The patient is seen to be status postoperative for fusion of C5 and C6. There is a posterior bulge of teh C4-5 intervertebral disk. There is narrowing of the cervical spinal canal more prominant at teh C405 level where the cord is opposed anteriorly by teh noted disk bulge and is also apposed posteriorly by the neural arch posterolaterally bilaterally. The AP diameter of the canal is in the 8mm diameter range at this level. There is some narrowing at the C3-4 interspace level also although not quite as prominent in degree. No enhancing lesion is seen. No significant comporomise of psinal canal caliber within the cervical or included upper thoracis spine is seen. Nor neural foraminal stenosis within the cervical spine is seen. The canal appears congenitally narrow within its upper and mid portions. No other significant findings are seen.

So....that's it! I am in real pain people. My shoulder throbs most days, my head hurts and I can not hold on to anything. I feel like I am losing my mind through this. I thought the one fusion was a sort of anomoly with me but apparently...I don't know...what does all this say. Am I or am I not in for more problems here? I can't really understand this thing.