Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cymbalta for pain

ChickinardCChickinard Posts: 19
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Pain Medications
Has anyone taken Cymbalta for back, hip and leg pain?
Did it work and how long did it take to work?

• I take Cymbalta for leg and hip and back pain and it took a week or so to start working for me especially hip pain and foot numbness and tingling and pain along with the other meds I take. It was accepted first for sciatica and last year was approved by USA for chronic back pain.

I realized how much it works when I went off it because I was having so much leg pain and my Dr. said it was because it lasts for two weeks after stopping it. I take 60mg day but usually the Dr. starts you on 30mg. I hope it helps you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Was perscribed for Dep because of pain. I take 60mg a day, it helps a little with the pain, don't want to stop taking to see how effective it is though.
    laminectomy c4/c5 2008, ACDF c4-c7 Jan 20 2014 sched
  • So I took it for about two months, It did seem to help. however I had some side problems so I had to stop it. It did help with pain and being bummed out. Just with my other meds and my own body make up it didn't work out :S Oh well. hope you do well. I saw on some other forms that some have bad withdrawals look it up, I only trust people here on S-H. I didn't have any problems when I stopped. The doc started me on 30mg then to 60mg after about a week. GOOD TO YOU AND YOURS!!!! :)))
  • I am hoping you get a lot of answers to this question... I'd like to talk to my doctor about taking it for back pain but due to an issue that is fighting going away, I've been taking Cipro for weeks at a time for the past 2 years :( I'd read that you can't take both...I'm hoping that this time the Cipro works... then just to find out how long before it clears my system!

• Thank you so much for your replies and well wishes. I had a laminectomy with fusions 2 years ago and since the surgery I have had severe pain in my right thigh and knee from nerve damage. I have tried many things. I have a spinal cord stimulator which helps with the moderate pain but in the last 6 months there has not been any moderate pain. It has been all severe pain. PM doctor started me on Cymbalta 2 weeks ago. It is helping get the pain down to a level that the stimulator can help.