Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Bulging Disc L5-S1 Back pain and low abdomen cramp.

jennytranjjennytran Posts: 11
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Chronic Pain
to all friends,

i had bulging disc L4-L5-S1 , i being chronic pain back ,tailbone,L-thigh all down to my L ankle almost a year now. recently i had alot low abdomen pain and alot of urgen urine . i went to emergency and took blood test kidney and all blood test come out good. i would like to know any friends have spine problem have any of this systomp? please message i appreciate it.

• when i over do it or on high pain days the pain will rap around to the front yes some times have the sensation to go sometimes feels like i have been kicked in the groin for hours or days some times feels like have to have BM . i always let the doc no as some times this kind of thing can be a sing of bad things. hang in there. let us no how your doing. sounds like your right on top of it with your doc.

• hi john,

i am very thanks you for your replied my concern. i had being told my ns doctor , therapy doctor and my family doctor about this symptom urgen urine every 10 to 15 min after drinking water. i cant above to hold i have to go right away . also i have to used laxative to go bm everyday. cause i drank water alot and i only can go urine but not bm. so my family doctor only one who believe me and tell me that because my back problem cause me this. my ns doctor and therapy doctor keep said not relative to my back problem. that why make me crazy and depress. so i went to emergency and doctor at emergency even said that i need to see ns doctor and tell him that. i dont know how to make him believe me. i am going have nerve conduction test tomorrow. and wont see ns doctor until june 21,2011. and my first epidural injection next week.

my family told me that the ns doctor and therapy doctor was told me that my urgen urine and bm problem not relate to my back problem they are lied to me. they just want me hang in there to avoid surgery early. i dont know why they have to lie for. it give patient more depress because patient dont know what wrong with there sickness condition. so once again thanks you again and now i dont think i am crazy.
  • I've had the same thing. I also have L5 S1 problems. The nerves that control bladder/bowel are all connected at or below that level. If you have any incontinence problems they tell you to go to the ER right away.Also some meds can cause you to go freq. I was on prednisone and afterwards I had to go every hour for a few days.
  • i all ways tell my surgeon about this problem and he say that my cauda nerves are a long way from the ones that have a problem. but if i have like uncontrolled leakage like going all the time or plugged up not able to go at all call him right away or go to the er and tell them what is going on. so i just tell him all most every time i see him about the pains and the erge to go he say not a prob yet. you should still ask your doc when you see them and let them enplane.
This discussion has been closed.