Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surgery in the near future

SplendagrrlSSplendagrrl Posts: 108
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
My nuerologist has suggested surgery on my back a lumbar fusion, I have one more test to take then will meet back with her to go over the details. I will find out then if it will be 1 or 2 fusion.

I am still on the fence on what to do, I will more then likely have the surgery because I do not know how long I can go on in pain and taking dailey pain pills. I have had chronic pain for almost 4 years.

I have been to physical therapy twice, done epidurals, tens unit, chiropractic, excercise etc. and nothing works for the pain. In my signature you will see the problem areas.

Currently am depressed because of the pain and have little activity. When I walk for more than 30 minutes I start limping and my right leg buckles all the time. I am getting hardly any sleep because of the pain.

I am getting a second opinion just in case but have probably run out of options. One part of me feels like there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel but the other part keeps trying to tell me maybe I do not really need surgery. At this point my mind plays tricks on me with my thinking back and forth. I hate to go have another surgery, I just had cervical surgery a year and a half ago but I can't do anything not even work. My husband supports me but I feel so useless.

• Hi, wanted to welcome you hear to SH.You will find as I have, this is a wonderful place, full of caring, informative people.

Sounds like you have tried alot of conservative treatments. It is such a hard decision whether to have surgery or not. I myself am dealing with this now, but feel that I cannot continue with this pain without trying surgery. You too, will know in your heart when you are ready.

Great, that you are getting a second opinion.Do you have a date yet for that? Wishing you all the best, and please keep us updated on how you are doing and how your appointments go.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012