Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back Surgery and still have same pain and more

pmweirppmweir Posts: 4
I had my 5th back surgery in February and afterwards it was awesome because I had no pain in my left leg or pressure in my lower back. About 2 weeks later all the pain came back. My neurosurgeon said we should give it more time to heal and that I may be a candidate for a spinal stimulator. On top of this I am now experiencing an aching in both legs and nerve pain in my right leg but only from my knee down on the back side. After viewing x-rays, The surgeon also told me that the next disk up looked worse than when he was in there. Could it be that due to this disk change I am now experiencing the nerve pain in the right leg? I'm not sure which disk it is, it would be the one about L5. I don't know where to go from here! Help please
advertisement

Comments

• Did you have a follow-up MRI since the surgery? You stated that you had x-rays, but the MRI would show a lot more. Secondly, I would seek the advice of a second opinion. I have found out that a second pair of eyes sometimes sees things a bit different. Please keep us posted and good luck.
  • Thank you for taking the time to answer. You are so very right on both points. I am receiving home care and my nurse is going to call my neurosurgeon this Monday and express her concern regarding the constant pain in my legs when I am standing. Again, thanks.
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,732
    to S.H. forums. This has been happening to me for years. The adjacent disk can't take the extra load. And winds up going out. I call it "Progressive DDD"
    A new M.R.I. may be a good idea.
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • J. Howie:

Thanks for the reply. Could you possibly explain why the disks above my fusions would become weakened. It seems that if the herniated disks are fused that it would take away the pressure/movement of the above disks. Thanks again for your comments. Patty
advertisement