Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What the heck?!?!

KimD592KKimD592 Posts: 435
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Chronic Pain
I honestly have no idea what is going on with my body anymore. In the last couple of weeks, I developed numbness, tingling, and spasms in my legs. Well, since last night I've had numbness and tingling in my right arm, along with this cool sensation down my entire arm. It's not cold to touch, though. I also have pain extending from my back to my bicep. I've been diagnosed with several herniations in the t-spine, which the myelogram showed are compressing my spinal cord. Both the MRI and CT myelo were done on my t-spine. What do I make of all of this? This sensation in my right arm started abruptly last night. Should I be concerned about this? I mean concerned enough that I should seek medical attention today? Or is it likely okay to wait until tomorrow to call my NS? I'm honestly getting so tired of all of this. I want my body back! I'm only 29 years old for God's sake! I should be enjoying my kids and my family and my career...but instead every day is a constant struggle.

• Thank you for replying to my post. I completely understand what you are going through. Every day is a new pain, a new fear. I can't imagine how I would have reacted if all this started at your age. I was 38 when my problems began.2 of my kids are grown and one is old enough to help out alot. I would definately call your doctor on monday since this is a new pain, new symptoms. Could mean further nerve damage. You know they will probably take a week before they can set up any new tests or see you again. Mine always seems to be on vacation when I develop new symptoms LOL
    Good Luck and I'll keep you in my prayers :-)
  • I would call your doctor tomorrow to see what they have to say. I'm sorry you are having such trouble and at such a young age.

4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • Hey there...call the doctor. I know you are waiting a 2nd opinion but I also know how stress can add to the pain. hopefully that's all it is but call the doctor to be sure.

Big Hugs.
  • Thanks everyone! I woke up today and my arm seems to be better, so perhaps it was just a fluke? I still have the numbness and tingling in my legs, but after 3 weeks of dealing with it, I'm slowly getting used to it. I'm hoping to hear from the NS office today to schedule an appt for my second opinion. Fingers crossed that they can squeeze me in before June 8th! If not, I'll postpone the surgery until I can get in for an appt.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,856
    that identifies your pain levels, activities, medication , etc

This way when you see the doctor you can give them more information.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thank you, Ron! I will definitely start doing that.
This discussion has been closed.