Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

spinal fusion and numbness..........update

jrasmussenjjrasmussen Posts: 21
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:53 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Im five months out from surgery and still have no improvement on the numbness i have. prior to surgery i had pain on my right side from my hip down, and mild tingeling in my foot. when i woke up from my surgary i had major numbness on the left side of my bum, groin, down the back of my leg, outside of calf and almost all of my foot. i had another mri in april which showed a potrusion with L3-L4 and a huge pocket of spinal fluid which was from a dural cut during surgary. ive been back to see my dr. because im having problems with my bladder now, he admitted me to the hospital ran some tests, did a myelogram and came in to say he has no idea whats going on and sent me home. when i went to my follow up i was told i just have to wait it out.....im so frustrated! i have an appt. with a oss tomorrow so hopefully i can get some awnsers.......has anyone else experianced this and if so did the numbness go away?
advertisement

Comments

• hi im now 3 months past surgery .. i had what was like pins n needles numbness before op now im totally numb like its dead on my right side same as u ... they said i have to wait see if it gets better .. also bladder not working right again said see how it goes .. i go see my consultant 15th june for first consultation since op.. my back is still hurting and im still relying on all my medication of which i was hoping to reduce some .. i hope in time i will

well as u can see from the bottom of my page i am the same as u

H