Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

WandtmacWWandtmac Posts: 122
I will try to keep this short...

Last week went to PM for SI Injections in L4 to S1 bilaterial. Dr came in & asked again how long since I fell (Dec 17, 10 nasty fall onto low back/butt, ice beside of truck). I hadn't had any treatments due to 2 very bad ulcers in tummy. They had to treat just pain & run test last 6 mo. 'Hummm' he said.

Went into procedure room & dr tells nurse prep for coccayx injections along with SI...I thought great I should get a lot of relief soon! WRONG!

Only SI Inject was left side L4 way to much scar tissue at all other locations & he couldn't get needles into place. GREAT!

Next tailbone...HE COULDN'T NOT GET ME NUMB...I received 4 shot right at tailbone between buttcheeks...OMG OMG! Never moved, didn't scream but did tear up. Very painful when not numb. He wanted to stop but I told him just do it I'd be ok. My butt is still hurting. They now know the fall injured my tailbone.

FIRST LET ME BE CLEAR. My PM dr & I have been together for 15 yrs so he knows what I can take & if I tell him to continue he will. As he states...I'm an ideal PM patient because I follow instructions, take meds as instructed, want to get relief but I don't expect a miracle...

1- anyone ever have too much scar tissue for spinal injections?
2- anyone ever have tailbone surgery? How bad is recovery???I've a 20mo old child at home...

Thank you & May God Bless You ALL with FULL Recovery!

• Sorry! Forgot to add that I'm no stranger to scar tissue. Difference this time is ...its my spine. I've had lysis of adhesions (scar tissue cut down) 7 times due to it wrapping around my bowel or stomach causing blockages. I know everyone has some form of scar tissue & unless causing severe problems its best not to mess with them.

I think that's all for now...the good, the bad & the ugly comments are welcome. I don't get offended or embrassed to easily!