Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

KimD592KKimD592 Posts: 435
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Chronic Pain
I'm in SO much pain. The past week and a half have been miserable, but yesterday and today take the cake. The weather here has been cool and damp since the Sunday before last, so I figured that was intensifying my pain. Well, yesterday and so far today, the weather has been beautiful...warm and sunny. So, you'd think my pain would be better, right? WRONG! I ended up caving and taking Percocet last night, after the 600mg of Motrin did nothing. My back hurts so badly. Last night I had terrible pain going down my legs, especially my left leg. Which brings me to my first question. The pain was this burning pain down my butt and back of my left leg. Sounds like sciatica, right? But I thought sciatica originates from the lumbar spine, and my disc herniations are in the thoracic. However, I've never had an MRI on anything other than the thoracic spine. The CT myelo was also on the t-spine. Is it possible there is more going on than we know about? This morning the pain is so bad. It's wrapping around my right side and making it hard to take a deep breath. And my right arm has this burning pain again. Please tell me this is not how it's going to be for the rest of my life. I can't stand feeling like this every day.

• Kim...I wish I had answers.
    I know you are going for a 2nd opinion, I know this along with delaying your surgery is probably adding stress.

I also know the weather in the northeast has been bad the last few weeks for us back folks. One other thing that can be adding to your pain could be your monthly menstrual cycle. I only say this because it might help explain what other factors can increase the pain.

I don't have answers on the pain in your legs but it really could be because of the other back pain that is causing you to be tense overall.

I find percoset doesn't help me too much. I know it's a combo of tylenol and oxycodeine but I hate how it makes me feel. I have found a new love of aspircream but that's because I apply it to my skin. I also find 8 hour slow release tylenol offers some relief.

It will get better....it's tough right now though.
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    It sounds like you need a M.R.I. of the lumbar to me. Hopefully your Dr. will order one. And for sure let him know that the pain meds. aren't adequate. I hope you get some relief soon!
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Sounds like lower lumbar issue as i have similar nerve burning and mine was l4l5. Ask your dr why they did not do full mri of the spine. Good luck
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
This discussion has been closed.