Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sigh... it's back, but weird

vermithraxvvermithrax Posts: 21
Well, I posted a while back that I had been feeling much better for several months, almost back to normal. My problem is L4-L5 Left side herniation.

My usual pain was lower back, butt, thigh and calf on the left, with tingling in my foot. Mobility was effected and any twisting, bending or even coughing was painful.Usually felt better wan sitting, and went away almost totally while laying down.

Like I was sassing, this all got MUCH better and I was feeling good. I could twist, bend etc... without pain, but I was very very careful not to push it.

Last week, out of nowhere, my calf started hurting more again and my foot started tingling. This progressed until today where it pretty much constantly hurts, and my calf is now tingling. I did nothing to cause this, no lifting bending ... nothing out of the ordinary. Funny thing is it hasn't bothered my mobility at all and seems totally unlinked from my movements.

Now, laying down or sitting does nothing. I am in pain 90% of the time. Having trouble sleeping because it is fairly severe pain. My meds help some, but nothing stops it entirely.

It almost feels like my disk herniation is better, but the sciatica is increasing. Like the disc maybe pulled away from the nerve root, but damaged it in the process.

ANyone here have anything like this ever happen?

• I have leg pain and foot tingling and numbness and the only thing that's helped is Oxycontin and Cymbalta and sometimes putting heat pad wrapped around my calf and foot.

Are you taking something for the nerve pain like Cymbalta or Lyrica or anything? Some epidurals have helped for a short time also. Have you had an EMG/nerve test yet? Mine shows nerve issues at L4-L5 and getting another EMG on Monday because I couldn't finish the first one.

My back pain did get better for awhile but it's back with the leg sciatica and still the same as when I had a herniated L5-S1 disc but mine did heal on it's own.

I hope you get into seeing your Dr. again for an assessment soon. Sciatica is intolerable without meds. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN