Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

denise41ddenise41 Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Pain Medications
does anyone know how to get a stronger mg for xanax, i have asked numerous times and still keeps me on the lowest dosage of xanax there is. i have had terrible anxiety this last year and xanax actually works, i become happy again and life is wonderful. i also become motivated to get up and try new things for my condition (chronic back/neck pain)like pillates or just stretching.

im 45 and really miss the quality of life i had before the onset of my neck (DDD) and back has sciatica and lymphomas that are terribly painful. the xanax really helps my outlook on life which is so nice.

if anyone can reply on what to tell my doc without making her think i just wanna get high, i really believe in this drug and have become somewhat tolerate to the current dosage and would like my doctor to increase qty or mg, either one would help

• Denise,

What you could do is print your post to us and bring it to your doctor. I feel it spells out pretty well what you're going through, and what you're feeling.

Sometimes when we get to our doctor, our verbiage doesn't come out right. Your post is pretty clear and to the point. Please let us know how it goes.

Again, Welcome aboard!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • there are some great anti-depressants that also have anxiety reducing properties. you needn't necessarily need more xanax, but perhaps another medicine to complement the xanax.
  • all I can say is wtf 'indoroids'...
    a bit funny, because when I went to indonesia on holiday, I couldn't buy codeine anywhere- you need a prescription! (In australia you can get it over-the-counter...) and the pharmacists I asked looked at me like I was some kind of junkie! -and you can buy pseudoephedrine like it's nothing! What a mixed up country!!