Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain in lumbar area after using the drug "LUPRON"

tcr1130ttcr1130 Posts: 122
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery

I am trying to find out how many people have used the drug lupon in their present world, or past world for whatever use that have had problems in their lumbar area....

if you have used the drug Lupron and this is mostly for the girls but some men need to take this drug also, ... if you have suffered any lower back sciatica, fusions, pain,... anything please post to this posting..... i have this feeling lupron has added to some of our problems with our back ... but am curious after seeing the posts from this site, there have been a lot of hits on facebook, so please let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you.... I think this is important., this drug has left many women with more problems than they had before they started the drug.... i had it administered for endrometriosos!!! but there are other ailments they prescribe this drug for...

please be honest and share your experience's here!!!

thank you

• I've read & 'heard of' many side effects of Lupron (leuprolide) with joint pain and peripheral neuropathy being two of those. Other people mentioned sun sensitivity, rash, hot flahes, aching hands/other aches, sleeplessness, night/day sweats, fatigue, cognitive 'fuzziness', and decreased memory. Early research reports indicated that one side effect might be peripheral neuropathy. Loss of bone mass has also been associated with Lupron.

[Just things I have read or heard about the drug, though I have no personal experience] However, all medications have side effects & this is where it is so important to weigh the risks vs. benefits.
  • I was on lupron numerous times for IVF. My main reaction was hot flasses, moodiness, and cognitive "fuzziness". I also had a ton of headaches with it. I don't recall any other symptoms.

My back issues were not related at all to the medication. I have a deformed lower lumbar spine from birth.
  • dyanabddyanab Posts: 1
    edited 07/06/2013 - 9:28 PM
    I took 6 months of Depot Lupron in 1999, no ad back therapy back then. It is listed on OSHA's website as a very hazardous drug. I have no doubt in my mind that Lupron ruined my life!!! I have spinal stenosis, DDD, Spondlysthesis and now Liver Disease. I was healthy before I took Lupron, at the time I had stage 4 endometriosis and PCOS. I still had to have a TAH/BSO (total abdomial hysterectomy w/removal of ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix)
    hopefully one day we can get the FDA to remove this poison off the shelves. One of my doctors recently developed prostrate cancer, I asked him if he was going to take Lupron, he answered, "I would rather slit my wrists, than take that garbage". Their is your answer!!!

Link removed, not permitted.Please read the Forum rules
    Post Edited by The Spine-Health Moderator Team