Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New member but not new to cervical disc issue

cairoccairo Posts: 10
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi all,

I had a ACDF with titanium plating done on my C6-7 in 2007, mostly because of weakness in my right tricep and all alternative therapies did not work. Now, after a weekend away and sleeping on a bad pillow, I have not only neck/shoulder/ deltoid pain, but my left arm has lost a LOT of strength and I'm terrified as it has become almost useless. I already did the 6day steroid/muscle relaxers and will see the physiatrist tomorrow and get an MRI or cat scan. I have a consult with my surgeon next Monday-am wondering if they think any of my past alternative methods(traction, pt, etc) will be of any benefit to me with this level of weakness. It's pretty depressing and frightening though I see most of you have multiple issues and surgeries.

• Cario,

I would wait till you see the MRI, as you don't want to put the cart before the horse so to speak. Hopefully another surgery won't be needed and they can use conservative measures to get you back on track. If it is any consolation I have had multiple surgeries and the only positive thing I can say is you know what to expect post surgery, if that would happen. Hang in there you appointment is not to long away. Keep us posted on what you find out.
  • Thanks, I'm already thinking the worst so will be pleasantly surprised if someone thinks alternative methods will work-it's just difficult operating with one arm!
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. have a good look around the different forums and make yourself at home!! i am sorry you are having chronic pain!! i wish you the best of luck with the MRI, hopefully it will give your doctor a diagnosis...then you can move forward!! don't get to excited till then!! stop by the forums anytime! we are always here to help! Jenny :)