Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

At long last pain spike

j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Chronic Pain
has simmered down. I don't ever want to see one like that again! The depression is a work in progress. Life just throughs all kinds of crap at you. You work on one thing and no sooner than you get a handle on it, and up pops something else. But it's much easier to deal with. When your not having a pain spike.
wishing everyone a pain free day, Jim
Click my name to see my Medical history
You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!

• So very glad to hear your big spike is finaaly calming down!!! Take care, and maybe try not to overdo for a few days! Rest some and enjoy missing the fiend!
  • Glad you made it through the jungle yet again. Sorry that's how I think of my pain spikes, lost in the jungle. Hope you never get dropped in it again.
  • Been there, done that, wore the shirt.... So glad your pain flare is FINALLY backing down. Good for you my friend!!! :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I've been going to the chiropractor for 6 weeks now and doing decompression therapy. My back was a lot better. Because there was so much improvement i decided it would be fine to help my dad cut wood with a splitter. I was wrong. Since I did the heavy lifting and manual labor for around 5 hours on friday the pain has been like it was before i started going to therapy. my dr won't refill my prescription for me of pain killers so i'll just have to get through this one on my own. Glad it's finally over for you. I bought an inversion table today so hopefully mine will calm down in the next couple days.
  • glad to hear you made it over another bump in the road.
    now if you can stay away from the mean weed eater an lawn mower for a wile' :D
    looks like you mite have got some more snow last night, some friends phoned yesterday say snowed just above grass valley. its June 3 not January or what maybe i took to much meds and whacked out. 8} in that case stay away from the snow blower.
  • happy for you that your flare has settled down for you. Life certainly does like to throw things at us, and with chronic pain and flares it makes it so much harder.

Here's hoping things stay calm for you now. Time for a much deserved break from it all.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Jim, I'm so happy for you that you are finally feeling better! Take care and enjoy this lapse in pain!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Pain spikes are the worse!!! I suffer with weather change spikes!!

So happy yours has settled down.

After a very rough winter and spring mine has finally settled down too.

Happy days are here again. "Normal" pain levels feels so good don't they?

Patsy W :H
  • So glad you've made it through that pain flare. It can be wearing at times. I've had a few low pain days and really appreciate those times. You've been through H E double hockey sticks for so long. Time to walk and enjoy the summer. Hugs. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Glad to hear your flare has finally settled. I'm not too happy that you gave it to me, but I guess it's my turn.

In any case, mine isn't as bad as yours was so maybe you spread the wealth.

Enjoy your pain-less time (not painless, just less pain) and use it wisely - don't set off another one.

Take care, my friend. Hope the good karma sticks around a while.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Sorry I haven't been in touch. I'm really glad to hear your spike has eased at last. Hope you're doing even better today my friend.

Hope to chat with you soon.
This discussion has been closed.