Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Fluttering Leg

beccygbbeccyg Posts: 2

I am 26 and I have a lot of damage to my spine and nerve roots L2/L3 L3/L4 L4/L5 L5/S1 S1/S2 are all compressed and I have lost a lot of feeling in my legs and lost a lot of strength - I can no longer walk on my own. I have chronic pain in my neck, lower spine, hips, butt, legs, knees and feet. I get a lot of muscle twitches in my legs due to the nerve damage and nerve drugs I take, but recently I keep getting a fluttering or bubbling sensation in my right leg, but it feels like its coming from the vein inside my leg, its hard to describe :s has anyone else had anything like this? or something similar?

• I do get twitches in various parts of my body; legs, feet, arms, shoulders and abdomen. I also get a fluttering feeling in my calves. I believe they are due to problems with my nerves. I think they can also be caused by calcium or vitamin D deficiency, which I have had.

Have you been assessed by a doctor?
    In view of the fact that you have chronic pain in your neck, I would think it would definately be a good idea to have that assessed, perhaps with an MRI scan.

I have 2 discs compressing my cord in my neck, and have been told that my various leg symptoms (twitching, pins and needles, fluttering, numbness) could be due to myelopathy from my cord compression in my neck.

The fact that you have loss of strength and numbness is concerning and should definately be checked out. Also if you are having trouble walking, that can also be a sign of myelopathy.

Please see a doctor soon. Some of your symptoms could (not saying they are, as I am not medically trained), be a sign of cord compression which needs to be identified if you want to avoid permanent problems.

Beccy, I see you are a new member, so I'd like to welcome you to Spine Health. There are lots of friendly people here who understand what it is like to suffer spinal problems.

Have you had spine problems for long, and what treatment have you tried? I guess as you are on nerve meds that you are under a doctor.

Please do let us know what you find out and how you progress.

Take care :H

• I wanted to welcome you here to spine-health.
    I don't have the symptoms you described, I do get leg cramps, but not fluttering.

Have you tried different treatments to help, ie. physio, ESI, accupunture, cold/heat? If you are seeing a neuro or orthopedic surgeon, what is their opinion on what you should do?

Wishing you all the best. Glad to have you here...sorry you need to be.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • I've having that same sensation right now as I'm typing this. Feels like bubbling under the skin or something followed by sharp stinging pains then a dull ache. Not very pleasant.