Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

random complaints

KimD592KKimD592 Posts: 435
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Chronic Pain
I'm just having a terrible time these days. First of all, both of my girls (ages 2.5 and 16 months) are sick. Of course that means I get it, but I have a terrible immune system and get everything worse. So instead of having your typical cold, I have a fever, muscle aches, and what feels like bronchitis.

On top of that, we had a major water leak in our living and dining rooms from a burst water pipe that had frozen over the winter. We had pergo floors and about 3/4 of the floors were damaged. We filed a claim with the insurance company, which has been an absolute nightmare.

The icing on the cake is my back. I've been in so much pain, and the fever and muscle aches aren't helping. I have my appt for the second opinion at UPenn on Tuesday, and I'm hoping I feel a little better by then.

• I'm sorry you're feeling so terrible. :( It's so hard when the kids AND the momma are sick! My son is 5, and when he's sick, he wants no one but me. I'm sure your little ones are the same! Having back pain is one of the worst experiences I've ever been through in my life I can honestly say.
    I can relate to what you are going through. When it rains, it pours. I'm hoping that your surgery goes well. Is the procedure you're having anterior or posterior? I have been referred to pain management now. My NS stated that my T6 herniation wasn't "severe" enough to warrant surgery and their was nothing else he could do for me. I just finished a month of PT that did nothing. The Dr. also found that I have DDD in mid back and Scoliosis mid back. I'm going to have a spinal block next Thursday to try and relieve some of the pain. I really don't have much hope though. I've come to the conclusion this is probably going to be a life long problem and I'm just gonna have to deal with it the best I can.
    I'll keep you and your family in my prayers!

Gentle Hugs,
This discussion has been closed.