Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cold feet

jenrogersjjenrogers Posts: 17

I am sitting at my desk at work and have a new thing happening. The tops of both of my feet suddenly went cold. Almost like when you first put on icy hot. Anyone experience this before?

• yes, my right foot often went cold prior to my surgery on L4-L5, and still does every now and then. i also would get a champagne bubble-y kind of sensation in my calf. that one's kinda funky.
  • I can't remember when my feet didn't feel like ice cubes, no matter what the weather. They are also cold to the touch.

After my first ESI, my feet went to normal temps. It was really peculiar, even DH noticed it.

So, I think it's safe to say, in my case, that my cold feet are caused by my spinal nerves.
  • my foot feels really cold and wet at times. It feels like I have on a cold soggy wet sock. When I touch it, it is completely dry.

>:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • yes! yes karen! thanks for reminding me. i get that wet drippy feeling sometimes when i walk that it feels as if i have a soaker or something. lol. i forgot about that
  • It's good to atleast know its "normal."
  • hi,
    i had an l4/5 bulging disc with pain in both legs for about a year before my decompression surgery8 weeks ago and my feet were nearly always freezing cold especially when lying down or sitting. I ignored this as a symptom as i couldnt think how this was possible although it went away after surgery. Well i twisted the wrong way yesterday and the sciatica is back with a vengance pain, tingling, leg twitching and all. Since its had a flare up my feet have been freezing cold nearly all the time yet they were not in the 8 weeks post op!! Sciatica plays some strange tricks on your body, i hate having to put up with it in my early 20s its ruining my life.