Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Casey Anthony

outofcontrolooutofcontrol Posts: 264
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Water Cooler
What in the world is wrong with that woman?? :jawdrop:

As morbid as the whole situation is, I can't stop watching!!

Has anyone else been following this?

• I have. Maybe I wouldn't have except that I tune in to all of the 'news' networks, and though I can't in good conscience call CNN (or most any nowadays) a news outlet-I do watch them all, so when I saw this break out back in '08 I got wrapped up in watching the family dynamics & Casey on those jailhouse tapes. I can't believe it took this long to get to trial.

It sickened me whenever I heard the defense and though I hate to say one way or another (because who really knows?), I just don't believe anything Casey says at this point. Glad I'm not a juror, however I think she is guilty, and I just can't wrap my head around that little innocent going through so much betrayal and before her third birthday. I consider myself a tough cookie, but this little one can still bring tears to me.

Casey Anthony (IMO) has personality disorders that were already bad, but her child/mother relationships made it so much worse that she was unable to wear the mask. She's pretty good at it, but if you watch her watching the witnesses (esp. family) you can see it-but just barely. She probably didn't hide it from family completely, but they more than likely didn't talk about it much (unless they were really mad), because really.. not too many people would have believed them unless they could have witnessed her behavior themselves.
    Now I'm just babbling, but yeah I've been watching..
  • Having been on two juries, and too, almost 20 years in law enforcement (to include evidence collection) let me say this, WE have to go on the evidence presented - PERIOD. I didn't follow a lot of this (nor did I the OJ media mess), but NONE of us where in that court room 24/7. The DNA issues were big with me in the casual watch...she is NOT smart enough to keep her skin/blood cells off of the duck tape, or out of her car, sorry.

These 12 jurors, and 5 alternates had to go on what they were presented with. It is not their fault that the defense nor the prosecution couldn't put it all together - reasonable doubt...reasonable doubt, should I repeat folks, (whether you agree or not) reasonable doubt! That is what *this* jury pool was presented with - agree or disagree. It sickens me when "Joe citizen" who thinks they know it all threaten the family or even her... they WERE NOT THERE.... Sorry, had to vent. Most folks I arrested, they "thought" they knew their rights."...yeah, okay.

The idea or reason for a pool is just that, a pool - not a single minded decision. She was found NOT GUILTY by 12 peers... 12 average citizens of good mind. It is done. Sorry if you don't agree, it is, what it is.....

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Well, I guess the justice system came through, the jury wasn't shown any evidence that proved beyond a reasonable doubt that Casey is guilty... but I can't help but feel it's so sad.

Here in Canada, on the same day, a father was "let off" a murder conviction from killing his two kids as he was trying to commit suicide in Quebec. He was found not criminally responsible due to mental disorder. This man is a cardiologist, and if a psychiatrist says he's good to go, he'll be freed and can continue practicing. He stabbed his 3 year old daughter 19 times and five-year-old son 27 times... Or, he could be institutionalized in Canada's only mental facility for the criminally insane. Seeing as he committed the murders while under distress of committing his own suicide (he realized they would wake up to find him dead so decided to "take them with him") my thinking is that if he is committed to the institute, it won't be for very long. All because he was depressed and angry that his marriage had fallen apart. Also very sad...

*edited as I typed the wrong word in a key sentence: changed innocent to guilty in my first paragraph
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Wow Brenda, that was quite the rant!! I hope it wasn't because of my post, as I re-re-re-read (I always proofread before hitting post, but at 3 or 4 am, sometimes errors slip thru) it after reading yours, I realized I used the wrong word at the end of the first paragraph... I completely meant to say that the jury had to go with that, because they weren't shown any evidence to prove she was innocent...
  • Numbskull said:
    Wow Brenda, that was quite the rant!! I hope it wasn't because of my post, as I re-re-re-read (I always proofread before hitting post, but at 3 or 4 am, sometimes errors slip thru) it after reading yours, I realized I used the wrong word at the end of the first paragraph...
    Heheehe..No girlfriend. Your post didn't prompt me, but the bloody media down here did, and too the 'coverage' of some of the "expert" civilians did. I get so damn SICK and tired of the armchair experts I guess.

With me, I've had to deal with 'both' sides of the justice system down here (in my career), so I get a bit fussy on cases such as this. Regardless of what I think of this "mom", I too have to go on "what evidence" do you have. They could not substantiate a plausible cause to nail her - emotions aside. No kids for me, but wow... I still can't see (even if she drowned) ANYONE blowing off a month of her kid "being dead" in my book, but that is me. Did she cause the death? I don't know. I wasn't on the jury, but they were, and well... "not guilty" was the result.....

• lol, I screwed the wording up again in my second post!! Meant to say they weren't shown any evidence to prove she was guilty!!! sheesh... I think I need some sleep...

I don't think we'll ever know what happened. Unless her dad did have something to do with it (covering it up) and 'fesses up on his death bed or something... The whole thing is just sad. I hope that none of the jurors have any repercussions because of doing what is right, their civil duty. The first thing I thought was "ooooh, one of them at least is going to get a brick through their front window or their tires slashed".
  • To be fair my spiney friends....

Aside from jury duty (and by the way before after being sworn...they wouldn't let me in after I had a badge!!), I guess I am a bit strong on my response??

I say that because unique to me, I've seen the citizen side, and the law enforcement side. That makes me a little defendant on what is going on with "mom" and her "not guilty" in this case. As a citizen, I had to go on what I was presented with, but then in law enforcement, I had to go on the black and white of the facts. The two tear me, but tie me if that makes sense?

Education is bought, but experience is earned, or in English, we can be schooled, but what we experience day to day, makes us US. That is my fault.

Knowing in the past I could only decide on what I was told (the trial), and then later in my career knowing "per federal rules of evidence" what I could apply,... those I have found are totally different animals, but come to the same result many times?

Again... I guess it all comes down to what is presented to decide the fate of another......

Thanks for listening.
  • I should have hit the pillows hours ago, but my stupid neck and me....been delaying it!! (G)

For the little I did see of the trial, *I* wasn't impressed with "dads" credibility. Being a child of abuse, maybe I saw it in his testimony?? Apparently via (the alternate juror interview - on the news tonight), they didn't either? I do think something non nefarious/or intentional happened, but HE did know she was gone?

I am rather proud that the jury pool decided "no interviews" after their decisions. The way folks are down here (my opinion) could have put them in danger!!! Mob mentality can be a very bad and forceful thing....

• I was wondering about that, because up here, if you have anything to do with law enforcement, or are in the military, or other such jobs, you are not allowed to be on a jury. My mom was called once, but was let go rather quickly once she said she was married to a max security penitentiary guard!! LOL

While it's nice to see that the justice system does work, to me, it's sad to see her let go. It's too bad someone can't be thrown in prison for just being a bad parent... Whether she had a hand in her little daughter's death, or covered it up for whatever reason (seriously, why would you do that???) she's lying about something. And her parents are no better. But, they will be confined within their own minds (well, maybe not Casey, I don't think she's capable of feeling guilt, remorse or anything that doesn't serve a purpose to her) carrying whatever secret it is that they're carrying. Guilt is like acid, it will eat away at your soul, and karma comes back threefold.
  • Though not consistent state to state, most have the "exempt from jury duty" list on the summons. In Florida (what gets me mad) is, "I am a full time law enforcement officer, and do not wish to serve at this time." I've tried to serve only to be turned away. Like you've described, my husband has been turned away due to my job.

It's kind of funny when you think about it, they kick out the folks that might be *more* likely to understand the legal system? Being retired, I no longer have 'that' box to check, but know it is a total waste of my time to report for jury duty, knowing I will be sent away. I even had a judge tell me to "not" show up, as I won't be paneled. Sigh.. I reminded him though...if I don't show, then I am in violation of the summons... Can't explain to a voice mail who I was! Lol!!

As for sending her up for being a bad mother. Scary! A lot of mothers *cough* would need to be in jail - especially in South Florida it seems of late! (G) There are times I wish that before a person could have children, they would undergo physiological testing!! This case just goes to show, some people really shouldn't have kids, period!!!

• You are forgetting that now days, people go 24/7 watching reality tv, and crime "dramher" tv that they take for the real thing. I think trials are running into hard times... folks laugh about being "smart" and getting out of it... so what do they think is left to deliberate all that stuff while the "smart" folks are off at the beach?

Some people can't/won't accept that real prosecutors can't wrap it up in an hour, that there are dna issues we still haven't worked out, that cops take longer than 32 minutes (plus commercial time) to "solve" a crime.
    Folks watching this blond or that brunette tear apart someone, come up with this "expert" or that... not because they knew any more than anyone else... but for ratings... that is all, just ratings, but people take it for honest truth.

As for me, I think it's a tragedy that any child dies at the hands of someone else-one is no worse than another, and there have been too many already.
    I'm sure I don't know who did it with her... and I think no one ever will, regardless of how "sure" folks are.

While I wasn't looking for more trial drama on the news I have to say, for someone that was supposedly a terrible mother... there was an awful lot of video showing an amazingly well adjusted, smart child with a parent who appeared to love her unconditionally and was loved back. Yes, she's a train wreck, but look at the family... they raised what they got.

But hey, I've been wrong about people before... and will be again... just look at some of the folks I've voted for :D
  • Howdy Ms. Clandy,

No, I have not forgotten about crime TV, CNN, or drama TV. I think that is part of the problem. Folks watch these shows, and *think* they know all aspects of said case. That is the problem. OJ was bad enough, but this had MORE input from the so called lawyer experts out there - experts without all the details...

I too agree, this little girls death is a travesty, and honestly, I don't think we will ever know what *really* happened as her body was too decomposed to come to a logical cause of death, or time of death.

I just hope she doesn't get "PG" anytime soon, and too (rumor) she moves to Europe! We don't want her here...guilty or innocent. Sad...This whole thing put a "black eye" on Florida.....yet again.

• Brenda; and there was a lot that was not done correct in this case.

But the most significant thing is the state has to prove your guilt, you dont have to prove your innoncense(sp).

In Illinois they do not allow taping in the court rooms, which helps avoid armchair quarterbacking.
    And thats probably the only thing Illinois does correct. Its a good thing our politicans are'nt running the court systems.
  • I have been talking like Nancy Grace over here. Always trying to find a giggle.Only way to try and find some sense to such a terrible, horrible death.
    This trial took over my days/
    I have to vent I cannot stand when a stupid mother does nothing for 31 days, calls no one for help, and common sense makes no sense. When narcissistic mother/ [people tell lies after lies. The sadness of a poor child left to die in a field . All of those make me sick as well. And they all seem to breed like crazy too.......
    And what really gets me is when people try and are paid and making money off of such a tragic death of a Innocent beautiful little girl

good night friends........aka nancy grace

• "Guilt" is the key, and in our system "Beyond a reasonable doubt", that being what a reasonable person would believe to be true or likely.

Juror #3 came forward today on Primetime and basically said:

"They [the state] did not prove to us how she died."
    "They did not give us a motive for such a crime."
    "They did not give us enough evidence to show Anthony did it."

"The state did a poor job of convincing us that a crime was committed by her." Etc.

She did echo what many of us are still scratching our heads about - "How can your child be missing for 31 days, and you don't report it?" So in a nutshell, we can't convict for someone being a bad mother.

• Michael Jackson trial...........
  • But I did watch all of the trial and even would re-watch any sections I missed parts of on wftv (orlando channel that provided live coverage and taped it all) and I was completley baffled and shocked that jury did not find her guilty of the lesser charges of child neglect/abuse being from the evidence being she was the last one with the child, she didn't report her child missing and or call 911 of an accident, in charge of her child and yet the child was not with parents, babysitter and everyone knew she was out playing so???? I think the jurors got stick on the big picture of death penalty and LWOP murder charges but didn't take time to review all the evidence given for the lesser charges SO if I was on that jury I would have seen some issues differently. Guess I would have been the bad guy that would have hung it....

BUT let me be clear that I agree with our justice system and I do not feel the jurors should be ridiculed, insulted or harmed. They did their job the way they saw it. We all see things from different perspectives. Thank goodness we can express ourselves in America!

As for the family, yep, dysfunctional, but if you lived with a sociopath you might understand. And tomorrow if our homes were scoured and media came into the picture with putting our families in the light we might all have some dysfunction according to others, life is not perfect. But to put a personal note into this, we have a young woman on my husband's side of the family, much like Casey, almost scary to see the comparison to me now. This woman is a narcistic (sp) sociopath. When she was young her parents could control her but when she became an adult the lies and self-centered lifestyle became unmanageble, luckily she hasn't killed anyone or done more than she has to hurt and use everyone her path crosses and it is always someone else fault, in a heartbeat she will turn on you. We separated ourselves from this woman years ago but she has done nothing but hurt her parents, siblings, all relatives/friends with lies, stealing, cheating, using them as targets, whatever. The difference is her parents finally moved far enough away to stop helping her or being her target.

That's why I think Casey would have told the drowning and sexual abuse story 3 years ago to save herself if it was true because she is too selfish to sit in jail 3 years and go to trial to take the blame for something she didn't do!! When it came time for trial and her defense needed a theory she did what she did to serve herself. Lee is tired of life revolving around Casey and her lies, saving her, etc. thus his anger at the family and Casey and his distance, he's done, he's had it. Cindy loves her daughter, enabled her all the time and esp. more after Caylee because she loved that little girl. George had it years ago with Casey's games but Cindy wouldn't let him interfere but he's upset because it's too late....now his grand daughter is gone and up until his daughter accused him he didn't want to see her in jail or prison either as he does love her regardless too. But with the defense opening statement he knew he lost his daughter and never liked that attorney from early on, family worried about his interests early on so just think it made him extra defensive on the stand. Just my version of the saga from reading the depositions, watching the trial and also knowing a family that has dealt with this "bizarre" behavior.

Hope you all won't hang me! Brenda I do see your point as well as yours Kelly....I'm glad I wasn't a juror this time around. It had to be hard. Please don't disown me as a spiney friend....

• Kathy,

I thought we where already 'buddies' from a while ago - oops - request sent! See, no hanging here woman. :)

My sister and ex mother is much like the self centered "me, me" type or Casey type! I too distanced myself from them. They were toxic to my life and sanity, so I hear ya! Like her, they would sell everyone out to save their ass's, no question.

In all honesty, I didn't hear the full conversation to which the judge gave the jury their instructions, to include what they would be considering. Now unless "child endangerment, or abuse/neglect" was listed as a charge to consider, the juror's can't add their own charges to the verdict.

The jury can only consider those points of law and degrees (first degree, manslaughter etc.) of guilt. I agree with you that there could be a ton of other things to charge her with, but the Prosecution has to take the more likely charges, focus on them, and present that at trial. The sad part, but the agreed truth as even stated by the experts this week on all manner of channels, the Prosecution "failed" to prove to 12 reasonable citizens (peers) that more likely than not she killed her child. They don't dispute the child died, but method, motive, or better stated, the classic "Who, what,when, where, why and biggie "how" wasn't answered.

This trial will be dissected for years. What scares me is that she will probably make millions thanks to the greed of US all wanting to know the answers "from" her. We have to accept that part of her profits are only going to happen due to us 'the nosy customer' being out there. Too many love misery. Oh, and was already discussed, "her safety"....who is going to pay for that? Sigh...

• I still think she is guilty of more than lying.

Scott Peterson is on death row, and no one knows the cause of Lacey Peterson's death--only that she is dead, and he is the most likely person to have killed her.

If Caylee did die in the pool that day, how could Casey go out and rent movies with her bf and continue like nothing was wrong that same day, and then party like a rock star for the next 31 days? I would have been bawling my eyes out--I couldn't have hid anything. I think it was easier for her, because I feel like it was her plan coming together.

There should not have been any trace of chloroform in her trunk, but there was. She is the only person who researched chloroform--and also neck breaking.
    She is the only person who would have benefitted from her death. When the body started to smell, she tossed it out like garbage, and abandoned the car. Why was there duct tape there?

There may have not been enough evidence for murder 1 and the death penalty, but there was enough evidence to know that she did something--write down just proven facts--no theories--and there is as much evidence against her as there was against Scott Peterson.

I do feel bad for the jury. I hate that there is a public outcry against them. I have no idea why they made the decision they did, except Juror 3 said there was no proof of cause of death. I don't think the cause of death had to be proven-just the fact that she was dead.

Just my opinion........

Sad, sad story.

• Oh, I agree with you all, I absolutely believe she's guilty. The sad and unfortunate thing about the whole trial is that they couldn't prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. At the very least, she's guilty of hiding her baby's death, if it was accidental. The thought of it makes me sick. The past few years, I've always said "what, kids? who, me? nooo way, I'm too set in my lifestyle now!!!" lol, but I would adopt a child from a monster like that in a heartbeat.

No hangings here! We are all allowed our own thoughts and opinions! It would be a very boring world if we all agreed with everything, don't ya think? :)))
  • My daughter just adopted a newborn. She has two daughters of her own, and now they have a sweet baby boy! She said the new baby is like a pound puppy- he is the best and sweetest little thing in the world-rarely cries, sleeps all night and is content to lay on the floor and look at the world around him!! He doesn't get a lot of opportunity to lay there--his mommy and big sisters cannot hold him and hug him enough. Daddy takes him for a walk every evening while the girls ride their bikes. He is so loved!! :X

The entire Caylee thing just breaks my heart. Everytime I see a picture of her, I wonder if those big, beautiful eyes were looking at the person putting duct tape over her mouth and nose. OMG, I pray that she did not suffer. She was such a beautiful little girl. Honestly, it hurts my heart to think about it.
  • I agree and think that she is guilty. I feel that "reasonable doubt" was not explained to the jurors, nor did they seem to be in line with common sense, but... Marsha Clark (who I am not fond of, but..) wrote a very good article on why jurors come to their conclusions after being sequestered for such a long time. If you are interested in reading the article (because she writes a LOT) search;

BRAINWASHED: Marcia Clark Explains Why Casey Anthony Jurors Came Up With The Not Guilty Verdict

I found this very interesting.
  • She is guilty and people have been convicted with much less then this case had. People have been convicted even without a body in the past. Any one in the right mind realises and believes beyond a reasonable dought she a spoiled litle biatch thay she wanted her party life and killed the kid. Covering it up and missleading the investigation is enough proof in my eyes. No mother that did not do it would cover up her steps and make up so much bs about kid being with nanny who she made up in her dumb head.

And out at the party while her daughter is dead. There are manny murder where you can dispose weapon but does that mean you can kill anyone cause you know weapon will never be found. I dont think so. People lack in common sense while they are convicting many others without having any involvement in other murders. Without any evidence they spend years in prison when they had no involvement at all and had no reason .

Court has become a circus of lawyers playing chess game with others life and who ever out plays the other is who wins when jury gets cought up in the drama of lawyers. This girl has some serious mother issues and was jelious her daughter was geting more attention from her mom then she was.

Sometimes things are not as comlicated to figure out as they try to play it out to be. People just lack in common sense these days is all.
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Guilty, it's true!! It amazes me to think that if anyone else: You, me, any mother/father/grandparent/sibling/family/friend of the parents or child anyone else at all including a teacher or babysitter...ANYONE ELSE ANYWHERE was responsible for a minor child and the last person seen with a child, then not reporting the child missing at all, let alone 31 days and longer if not caught, not reporting any injury,accident or any problems at all ....anyone would be guilty and hung in a heartbeat and that is without the additional lies and excuses!!!

Yet Casey Anthony is walking free today. However, maybe she won't have the beautiful life she wanted now that she is free. Maybe there is justice with all the lawsuits coming her way from all her lies, the court dates, trials, and tribulations ahead along with no friends or family to support her and her lifestyle. You know what goes around comes around so maybe justice will be served as she tries to survive the injustice served her in the outside world. And from now on I am ignoring Casey. This is the last time I will give her name any recognition. To ignore Casey,hr laywers and family, the gossip,any future books, movies, tabloid reports or interviews would be justice in itself for Caylee.

Thanks for this forum to let us express our thoughts!

• I don't care how the jury ruled on this but they got it wrong and deep down in their gut they know it. Lets put aside technicalities and use common sense.

Who does not report their child missing for 31 DAYS? And she told Cindy all kinds of lies until her mom made her admit she was "missing" (Zanny the Nanny BS story). And all the things Casey did after Caylee was murdered (accident my ass, who wraps themselves in a towel and a black plastic bag after placing duct tape on their nose and mouth.

And lets not forget the heart sticker- possibly the only motherly act Casey has ever performed in a sick and twisted sort of way.

I can go on and on but I won't b/c I am emotionally drained after watching the whole trial and nearly vomiting when hearing the verdict on my way home from the store. I beg people not to forget Caylee, that precious angelic smile she had. Why did this baby's life had to be cut short in such a heinous brutal manner? There HAS TO BE JUSTICE for Caylee.

Champagne party the defense team had after the verdict was vile, offensive, immoral, and inhumane. Hello...a 2 year old toddler is still DEAD. How could this be overlooked? All they care about is fame, money, and milking this for all that is worth.

And Casey....I hope people boycott every attempt of hers to make money off her dead baby- movies, books, interviews, etc. I know she will screw up and wind up in jail and destitute.

I will certainly enjoy that when the time comes, but for now my heart aches for that precious baby girl.