Hi all my fellow spineys
When we last spoke I was going to see my NS at which time I was sure he was going to inform me of the need for a 3rd surgery in less than 1 year for my continued pain in my lower back and both legs and left hip. Well I was partially right, but first he wants me try spinal injections in a more targeted manner (which didn't work before). Not sure until I see the pain doc who will be doing them (I see him in the morning) wether it is steroid or a nerve block.
2nd would be a temp implant of a bone stimulator or like a tins unit on steroids. Again low hopes as the regular tiins did nothing at all for me but we'll see.
Last bu not least would be another surgery much more extensive with fusion and he gives that a 50 50 shot of helping. All sounds good so far right?
As of now I take Oxycodone 10mgs 5 x a day and I'm barely managing at times. I also take Oxcarbezapine 600mgs 2 times a day for neuropathy. My fear is simple, that if this pain doc takes over my meds will he keep me at the same levels or try to cut them back. Many pain docs around here love to cut pain meds down and frankly I am fearful of that at this time.
As I said i struggle many days at the 50mg level and cutting would terrify me, and it does.
All I can do at this point is hope for the best since my back is a mess and he should be able to see that on my most recent MRI.
That's my update and I await your feedback.