Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Three months post op -- back to work!

maryelleninnjmmaryelleninnj Posts: 101
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Went back to work on June 6. So happy to get rid of the brace! Had two-level lumbar fusion on March 15. My back feels great, no more sciatica! I start PT tonight. So glad I got this done, even though it required lots of preparation, equipment, and help from my family, especially my husband.

My only problem, which is probably unrelated to the surgery, is some hip and leg pain in my right leg. The doctor thinks it is bursitis. Wonder if others have noticed this on their recovery. It's been bothering me since the surgery. I thought it may have been from trying to climb the stairs the normal way before I was ready to do it.

Thank you all for your great advice, both before and after the surgery.

• Sooo happy for you! Great that you are doing so well!

As someone waiting for a fusion, it is so encouraging to hear positive outcomes like yours.

I know that I have read about others with bursitis of the hip on here. Maybe punch in bursitis in the search bar and these posts will come up... or hopefully members that have dealt with this issue will post on here later.

Wishing you all the best with healing, PT and solid fusion.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Hi Karen, thanks for the input, and best of luck on your upcoming surgery. I made a point of posting my positive outcome, because I hear so many negative opinions about spine surgery.

I will look around here for bursitis posts. Just got back from my PT evaluation. The therapist agrees that it looks like bursitis, and she will try some treatments on me that should improve things quickly. Since I have no more back pain at all, she is just going to start me on some ab exercises that I can do at home on my own.
  • That's good news and I'm very happy for you. You've come on very quickly in your recovery and I bet it felt good to be back at work.

I found that good preparation pre-surgery and help afterwards was a key factor in my recovery.

Hope your bursitis improves very soon.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • I am feeling pretty well now. The hip bursitis is improving significantly. Unfortunately, I pushed myself a little too much this weekend, and changed sheets, cleaned bathrooms, etc. Fortunately I did not vacuum! My back is now sore. Damn doctors! I asked my doctor what restrictions I had. He said I could do what felt okay, but still no lifting anything over 25 lbs. Fortunately I go to PT tonight and Wednesday, so will get some TLC for my back and hip. I have learned my lesson.
  • I am glad to see your post and hear that you are doing so well!
    I am trying to have patience and as you all know it is really tough some days...
    I had cervical fusion on 1/25 and then a TLIF on 5/17.
    I don't know much about bursitis. I can say that I have some new symptoms since my surgery but was told they are all due to the nerves recovering and post surgery response.
    I wish you best of luck with your continued recovery!