Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back and Neck Pain

ltstamplltstamp Posts: 39
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I need a little help reading my radiology report. I had a car accident almost 2 years ago and since then my doctor had done a nucleoplasty on my neck and I had temporary relief.
I was constantly telling them I had lower back pain but since my neck was worse they only wanted to work on one thing at a time.
They finally did a lumbar MRI and it showed:
L4-5: There are small bilateral broad-based neural foraminal disc herniations. No substantial ventral epidural mass effect. Intervertebral disc shows preserved height and signal.
L5-S1: T3mm broad-based contained central disc herniation in close proximity to right S1 nerve root.
The x-ray also showed mild osteoarthritic changes.
I really don't have pain in my back but I have horrible leg pain, cramping and weakness.
I have just finished PT and shots. They are saying my next option is surgery. Does it seem that my MRI results are too minor for me to consider surgery?

• I just got my report from my cervical discogram:
    C3-4 there is a Grade III full thickness radial tear of the annulus along the right lateral aspect of the disc.
    C4-5 there is a Grade II partial tear of the inner margin of the annulus
    C5-6 there is broad full thickness Grade IV tear of the posterior central annulus with associated subligamentous disc herniation
    Destroscoliosis of the cervical spine (before they always put whiplash)

When I read that some of you have been going through pain for 10 years or more I feel foolish asking when it has just been almost 2 years. I am lucky that I can still work but walking is becoming difficult at times.