Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

old surgery (FYI)

larrydllarryd Posts: 2
After four years the leg pain started and worked its way up to the but then the lower back.Thinking that after a S1-L5 fusion you could not get sciatica pain back I was wrong. Three more years past before I found a Dr. who said it can happen and ordered a CT as you know with a MRI you cant see any of the surgery site. CT confirmed that bone growth had occurred and has been pressing on the nerves for so long that there might be nerve damage. Also L4 is collapsing and will have to come out also not fully seen on MRI due to the metal interfering with the resolution. Not blaming any one things do happen for a reason I am just glad someone found it and I can get some relief. And happy to send this along to others who might be in the same boat.
advertisement

Comments

• when your surgery was done, did they use BMP in your surgery? Sometimes BMP can over grow back on the nerve roots. As to the seeing the fusion on MRI, they can see it, but a better imaging tool is a Myelogram with CT, or MRI with contrast. The metal does interfere somewhat but it still is visible. To look at bone the CT scan is the best alternative though. Good for you they found it and there is a answer for you, and hopefully you won't have permanent nerve damage and the redo will be successful. So I take it they will fix the old level and add the new level into your fusion? Good luck and keep us posted on your surgery and the outcome.