Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

and after 4 surguries.............

VickiVVicki Posts: 57
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Chronic Pain
Its been a long and winding road. Over the last 20 yrs Ive had a lami L5S1, then a fusion same spot. Then a synovial cyst at L4 and another fusion. Then 8 wks later I spasm,buckle, and break L3. Ive been 2 yrs since my last surgery, the kyphoplasty for the break. Now something at L5 is slipping and popping. Ive got to stretch out and make it pop and then I get some relief. Dr. did an X-ray and said there is some spondy at the fusion site of L5/S1. Actually I was so shocked that I didnt even ask HOW there could be slippage at a spot that was fused??? Of course I'm in chronic pain and discouraged. Every step I take I am vigilant/ don't want to fall again! Exercise always causes an increase in my pain. Can't garden anymore and all the things I used to love, I can't do anymore. Ive gained 20 pds too in the last 20 yrs and cant see how w/o exercise Ill ever lose it. I watch my carbs but the meds for pain, anti-inflammatories, and antidepressants surely add to this mess. Im just disgusted and now with this new pain, slippage and spondy I can see what lies ahead. Surely after the MRI I will be facing in the future another fusion. I give up! This back goes from bad to worse. Is there ever an end to this?

• I'm sorry to hear there could be possibly more surgery or treatment in your future and you're having pain. I haven't had surgery but I do understand the chronic pain part of it.

It's hard to have to give up things you enjoy like gardening but hopefully you can find out what you can do. Taking a walk to see flowers in another option and perhaps using a cane or walker would help. I use a cane myself. But hopefully something can be done about your current situation so never give up hope. Vent away and we're here to support you through this. Charry

DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
This discussion has been closed.