Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Leg Weakness after surgery on back spine

gary_19ggary_19 Posts: 1
My Friend seem to have exprience leg weakness after surgery..,
it happened after he done a surgery on his back spine because he experience pain in his back after falling down. During that time, he still able to walk properly. But,after surgery been done, the doctor said that there are complication and it seem that they accidently cut nerve connected to the legs.Its has been about 9 years after that happened.

I just wondering is gonna stay like that forever or is he will recover soon and it just a matter of time for that to happen?If that so, how long will it continue till he'll fully recover?

p/s:Hope there will be a positive response soon...
advertisement

Comments

• its common after spinal surgey .i had it on both my surgeries .its not completely gone away and i have strange sensations in my calf muscle.now and numb toes .i am going for another big surgery soon wish me luck !
    tony
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014