Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Got my back pay and also all the little details

gar0262ggar0262 Posts: 164
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Hi everyone!
I have got my back pay, and also got the letter with all the little details WOO HOO!! I must say I am quite surprised, but very happy, at the amount of back pay, and also my monthly payment. What a huge relief it is, and now hubby and I can pay some long over due bills. <:P

• Glor,

So glad things are finally looking up, and the "green" is in hand! You and your hubby should have a treat and celebrate! :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    CONGRATS! Must be a great relief. Pay off those bills and you'll feel even better!
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • Congrats again.

Have a little fun with the money before you pay all the bills. <:P
  • How long did it take you to get ssdi?
  • It took me right at a year and a half to be approved for SSD. I applied in Dec. of 2009, and was denied twice, and then when I had a hearing with a judge, which was in May of this year, is when I got approved. Most people that I talked to told me to expect it to take at least a couple of years, so I am fortunate to have gotten it that fast. When I originally applied I did all of it by myself, and of course I was denied, which didn't surprise me. That's when I talked to and hired a lawyer, and they submitted my paperwork for the second time, which I was also denied again, and again I wasn't surprised. My lawyer then sent in the paperwork again, asking for a hearing with an ALJ, (a judge). It took about 6 months from the time of requesting a hearing until I actually got one.
    It is a very long and trying time, having to wait on the "system", but just keep at it.