Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spammers - Argh!!!

Aviatrix36440Aviatrix36440 Posts: 5,904
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Water Cooler
Is it me, or has anyone noticed that 95% of our lovely spammer creeps do their nefarious activities in the 'wee' hours, and too do a zillion posts of the same crap? Like if we weren't sold with one post, 30 of them will convince us now? NOT!! Argh...gets ridiculous! Sorry, had to vent. :)

By example, I forwarded 3 or 4 links tonight to the admin staff.....
PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    to be the time for Spammers to come out of their closets.

The biggest reason this happens is because Spammers know how to be computers and not humans, therefore they can flood forums with automated posts.

One of the reasons they can do this here is that we do not enforce CAPTCHA when people register. There was a decision made not to do this, because the owners wanted a more free-and-easy way to register and become members.

For the most part that works fine, except for our Spammers who love to cause problems. That is another reason why whenever we find a Spammer or when people like yourself Brenda, point it out to us, we quickly get rid of the post and immediately ban and block their IPs.

Its sad this happens, there are some sick people out there that believe this is fun.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thanks Ron,

I think the ones I hate the most are the ones that toss like 30 posts out. Aside from being annoying, they totally mess up the order of the threads. I am one that reads via the "most recent posts", and these multi-posters totally hose that.

I got an email a while back (it got past my spam filter) that basically offered me like 2 cents a post if I were to go on sites and 'copy paste' this guys advertisements. I am guessing that is what a lot of these are. Spam for profit types?

Amazing what some people do "for fun" huh? (G)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • They are trying to make a living. With the economy the way that it is, and some folks not able to feed their family, I suspect this problem will get worse. I dislike spam too, but I understand why most of them are doing it. Even if some of those folks did have another job though a lot would still do it, as greed knows no end.