Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Looking for answers? - For New Members

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
The Spine-Health site is set up so that it provides a framework in which answers to so many questions can be obtained quickly.

1 - The Spine-Health Medical and Video Library contains detailed topics on most Conditions and Treatments. Many of the articles are written by physicians.

2 - The Forum itself. Once you put a thread out, you are hoping that other members will post back with some additional information. Depending on how the thread is initially worded, some times the responses may take some time. Also, there are situations in which responses are made by people who are also very new and are not sure how to respond and discuss the details. (That is normal and as time goes on, posting will change, as well as overall knowledge)

3 - There is an Ask A Doctor for Advice section that is very helpful. Just follow this link Ask a Doctor or go to the Spine-Health Main menu under Resources

4 - Spine-Health also lists many Clinical Trials. Take a look at Clinical Trials

5 - Contact a Seasoned member. Many times you just might want to hear back in simple terms, not from a medical article and dont want to post something in public. Here is where a Private Message to some of the older (in time here) members can help. When you look at forum posts, under a member's name, you can find when the person joined. So, it may be very helpful to find those that have been here over 2 years and send them a message asking for help. Now please this should be used only when you can not find any other help. Remember, other members here have their own medical problems, so responding to individual messages might not be high on their priority list.

I do promise you that you can send me a private message or email me ( rdilauro@gmail.com ) and I will try to get back to you as soon as I can. I am also a volunteer and even though retired, I work part time, so, I am not always available.

But, the bottom line, there are so many paths of resources on Spine-Health that every question should get an answer in a reasonable time frame.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Ron is not just a member and administrator with his own health problems .although we have never ever met {as i live in the uk and Ron it the us} he has got to be one be one of the kindest men i have ever met .god bless you ron .
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    Thank you very much for your kind words.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I have to agree with you Tony, Ron is a kind and giving person even with all he has to do, and with his own health issues, run the site, and many who run sites are not on the site helping the people, responding to them.

I haven't been on in ages, but when I was a regular here, he always got back to me rather quick, and was always kind and helpful. Somethings never change, that would be Ron.