Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

6 month Post Fusion and nerve root compressed again:(

preeseppreese Posts: 160
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
As my I had an L5-S1 fusion 6 months ago and was healing well until about two months ago when the nerve pain/numbness started to increase. When I developed weakness in the leg again, they ordered an MRI and today the neurosurgeon called and told me that the L5 nerve root is compressed again.

I asked if it was being compressed by scar tissue or bone or what and he said he wants me to have a CT Scan so he has all the information to discuss options with me at my appointment next week.

I would appreciate any thoughts or information that anyone might have on similar situations.

• So sorry that you are having pain again and that your nerve root is compressed.

Haven't really seen you on here, so thought that things were going well for you.

I don't have any insight into this as I haven't had my fusion yet, but can definately relate to the pain and numbness from nerve root compression. Wishing you all the best at your ct and your appointment next week. Sending you good vibes your way, that this can be resolved quickly for you.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Thanks Ouch, I had chosen to have a fusion instead of something less drastic because I thought it would be a Long Term fix instead of a short term one, so I am of course disappointed. Especically because I had tried to do everything right, I quit smoking, I exercised, I did all the therapy prescribed, etc.

My husband and I are pretty definite that we can't take another surgery - the first month of recovery was the worst thing I had ever gone through.