Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi, my friends, sorry been MIA and hurting

Cath111CCath111 Posts: 3,702
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Chronic Pain
Hi fellow spineys.

I'm sorry that I've been mostly MIA, as I've been working and busy for the summer. I've tried to stay connected when I can and have met some new members in my small amount of time here in addition to talking a bit with my older (not age) friends.

Today, however, I sit thinking that working and all the bs that goes with it - BLT, babysitting, etc. - is not all it's cracked up to be.

I'm having a hard day, hurting from neck to tailbone right now, in my recliner and in my comfies. Had plans to make chicken on the grill, but had to order pizza as I'd go to bed right now if I could.

I'm thinking a lot about you guys, hate not being in touch daily, and hope that you remember that I've still got my eyes on each of you, even newbies. I'm keeping in touch vicariousy, but I'm here nevertheless.

I still appreciate all the commeradare and bonds here and still need them. My spine is challenging me right now right along with you all, but not to the extent of some.

Love ya,

• hi Kath :)

We're always here for you, no matter how long you think you've been MIA. I visit the site sporadically at times also and for many of the same reasons as yourself.

Hang in there, enjoy your pizza and I hope you sleep well tonight.

• Howdy Cathie,

Sorry you are having so much pain of late. Hopefully your body will continue to adjust, and all will be fine. I know you love your job, but you will have to look out for number one. Maybe you are doing too much physical activities at work?

*HUGZ* Hoping you feel better soon.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Cathie,

I'm so sorry that you're having such a rough go of it lately. I do appreciate why you're not on as much as you'd like to be, and that you are here when you are able. Don't worry about us, just take care of yourself, and make sure that you are doing what you can to feel better. We will be here waiting for you. Take care;
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • You sound miserable. I sent you an email. I'd love to chat. You can call me on my cell phone tomorrow (Wednesday) if you want to talk. I'll be at my mother's but will have my cell with me. Interestingly I just downloaded photos from my camera today, and you were on there. It was great getting together with you in Denver last December. I'll email you the photos.

Hang in there, and lets talk.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • Cath >:D< life sucks then you have back pain (& associated nerve pain :D ).....

"I'm having a hard day, hurting from neck to tailbone right now, in my recliner and in my comfies. Had plans to make chicken on the grill, but had to order pizza as I'd go to bed right now if I could."

I did the same thing last night..... Did I mention I hate pizza?

I have also been having problems from top to bottom, arms, hands, ribs & legs ache as well. Yesterday I started having vertigo (again) while I was driving. Hubby left work & came and got me- I went to bed around 2 pm.

Today is another day. No vertigo, but plenty of pain.

Hang in there :)

• Hey there...sorry to hear you are hurting but sounds like you have not forgotten how to take care of yourself. Glad you opted for pizza.

I still have my days. I find I don't worry as much about how clean my house is and if I'm too tired to cook, it's ok. Especially if it means I can get a 20 minute walk in which makes me feel much better.

We are always here for you....hope you get some relief soon.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    Just get better..
    We all are suppose to get better - Right
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Hope you feel better soon! Enjoy your pizza and call it a day! I hope tomorrow is a much better day for you.

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    I don't see how you do it in the first place! To hold down a job and everything that goes with it. With having chronic pain. And still find the time to log on. That is amazing! =D>
    I've been having some trouble myself lately. But today is a good day. And I took advantage of it. Got some things done, without over doing it. I guess for me, that's amazing! Actually just having a good day seems to be illusive as of late.
    I hope you get back in the groove soon! Your an amazing woman!
    Jim :D
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • It's amazing you're able to work and kudos you can and keep house also. I'm glad you're taking a short cut with getting the pizza instead today on a rough day of pain. Remember to take some time for yourself reading and walking and taking a warm bath and ice if needed. I hope this is short lived for you and see you when you have more time whenever that will be. I don't know if I would be able to get on if I were working also. Thinking of you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Cath,

I'm so sorry you are having pain. Please take care of yourself (and let others help) I hope this is a very very short time of pain for you and that you'll be feeling better and if not painfree, at least less in pain.

• Hi friends, thanks for the well wishes and good thoughts.

I'm doing better - my flares usually don't last too long, but when I have a doozy it really ticks me off.

Anyway, doing better. Cindy, I'll get in touch soon, I promise. Sunday is looking like a great computer day.

Love ya guys,
  • Cathie, I'm so glad that this flare is calming down for you. Hope this reprieve lasts!!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
This discussion has been closed.