Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

back pain

ShySShy Posts: 23
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Spinal Stenosis
Hi I am 39 year old women I have 3 kids and 4 stepchildren along with 3 grandkids I drive a school bus for a living which I love and have great insurance. I was just finally diagnosed with L4/L5 bulging dick L3 Slightly bulging and center canal stenosis. I am in a lot of pain all the time. I usually only fine comfort sitting on the couch with my legs up. My family doctor is a health nut so pain med is something he doesn't like to give. I found out this Tuesday and he left for vacation and gave a few referral to me. However none of them can see me until July. I am scared I don't know what to except from this. Will I be able to still drive a bus, I had been taken off my route the last 2 weeks of school due to the pain. I drive on country roads so it really bumpy. Can someone help me understand what this is and what could happen. I am scared. If anyone has gone through this or knows about it please reply. Thank you shy

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,836
    could also provide help.

Welcome to Spine-Health. I hope that you will find this site very helpful in terms of understanding spinal conditions and also by using this forum to talk to other 'members' who may have similar situations.

The more information you can provide us, the easier it will be in responding.

After reading your post, I have to assume you have had some diagnostic testing (ie MRI). Based on your doctor's review of those images what is his/her recommendations?

- Any physical therapy?
    - How badly are those discs damaged?
    - What medications are you taking?

Many disc problems , along with Stenosis and Degenerative Disc Disease will not require aggressive treatments.

Next time you log in here, take a look under the CONDITIONS and TREATMENT categories of the main menu. They can lead you to some very important and informative articles and videos.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Any physical therapy? just with chiropractor have not seen the neurosurgeon yet
    - How badly are those discs damaged? L4,L5 are sever and my chiropractor said I had arthritis also been there probably 4-5 years and the bus flare it up
    - What medications are you taking?pain killers ibprofen, muscle relaxer for night time, valiu, antidepressant