Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

not eating/ everytime i eat something it comes right back up!

Emj1988EEmj1988 Posts: 45
ok so i have had xrays of my stomach, a ct scan, and i am taking anti acid and anti nausea pills with no luck.

Every time I eat something I gag like crazy and sometimes vomit! I feel really light headed because im not getting fluids! This all started the last week of april.. It has got a lot worse sense! I have also went from 223lbs to 188lbs in that time frame up till now!! Works out good for my bad back but other than that not good!

I have also been tested for hpylori which came back negative..
advertisement

Comments

• This is bad and I'm sorry to hear it. I sure hope that your Drs find out what is going on soon. Wish I could be more helpful, but wanted you to know that I was thinking of you & sending you my best wishes.

{{{good vibes}}}
  • my husband had the same thing and ended up having a scope procedure and stretching of the esophagus due to narrowing. this was caused by acid reflux he was unaware that he had that caused scar tissue to form and prevent stretching of the esophagus that is needed to swallow food. even liquids would not go down. good luck .
  • Have you discussed this with your doctor? A restrictio/clog in your digestive track can cause vomiting.
  • TY for responses!! Yeah I hope I dont need surgery! um yes i have been working with doctor. Got CT scan with no results... Going in for scope on wednesday.. not looking forward to that! They better figure it out im falling apart..

Im taking omeprazole right now for stomach... It is junk for fixing my problems.. Its making me really dizzy and weak :(
  • Have they performed a swallow test with the barium to see how it flows down to your stomach and reacts? I actually was going through something similar but it turned out to be a gall bladder with a stone stuck in a duct. I went through a gastro doc to find the answers as the symptoms weren't that common of a gall bladder, so they ran the whole series of test. Which the ultrasound found the gall bladder bad, but surgery found the blocked duct. Good luck with the scope, and let us know what you find out.
  • the scope came up with nothing procedure went great though!! the doc said i could be stressed but i disagree... with the amount of weight I lost in that time really?> going to ultrasound on gallbladder next week probably then a radiation test..
  • Glad your scope showed nothing major wrong with your esophagus. I hope they find out what's causing this as you can't live like this for long.

Nutrition is important though and hope you're able to have 6 small meals a day instead of bigger meals. Are you taking any new medication from April? Are you taking narcotics and have any problems with constipation or diarrhea or difference in your stools? Or are you taking any anti-inflammatories which can be aggravating to the stomach? Do you have any pain in your upper right side or shoulder pain? My Aunt had issues like this this and it was gall bladder issues.

Try to take a multivitamin/mineral so you're getting nutrients if you can't hold anything down and if you're able to drink Gatorade or Pedialyte to replace your electrolytes. I hope the Dr. can find out what's going on and find the solution for this. Having spine issues on top of this is a lot to bear. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • well my nurse decided to convince the doc that i dont need a ultrasound because i had a ct scan done and wanted my to get a hida scan right away which i totally agree with.. 11 more days till i get that sigh...

No charry im not on any meds right now except for the stomach gall bladder issue.. The reason i am not on any pain meds is because of the clinic i go to in colorado.. They recommend no pain meds for long durations because it can affect the outcome of the procedure... um fun i go a clinic in colorado that specializes in regnerative medicine and thats on tuesday next week lol.. platelet rich lysate w/ dexamathazone with prolotherapy all too fun (kidding)! oo boy the airports gonna be busy and the tsa agents are going to be jerks! then gall bladder surgery prob 2 weeks after that omg what did i do to deserve this lol...

• Sorry to hear you are 'tossing'... I get that, but mainly due to either pain levels through the roof (Lyrica cuts that down) or my "choke outs" (hardware and vertebra movement).

Hopefully you will know soon why you are having them. They suck, and too buzz kill for appetite for sure!!!

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • For the last 3 weeks i have felt really fatigued in arms but more so in the backs of my legs. It seems to get worst when im on the tredmill.. I am dizzy a lot to and feel like im going to die sometimes... I have all the symptoms of it except shortness of breath
    but then again i only walk so who knows.

Is there anyone that has had this? Should i go buy vit B12 supplements?
  • You need to get blood work done. It could be electrolytes or anemia and also vit. B12 if you're having stomach problems can't be absorbed in the stomach of many people and has to be given by injection though some people swear by the sub-lingual tablets where they dissolve under your tongue.

Are you drinking Gatorade? Frequent vomiting can make you lose your electrolytes and potassium which is so important for heart health and can cause weakness in your legs. I would go and get blood work done to be on the safe side and you may be dehydrated and need some IV hydration especially in this heat and feeling like you're going to die go to ER. I'm an ER RN and though not giving medical advice that's what I would do...Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • So my doc called me yesterday and gave me the results of the HIDA scan of gallbladder.. He more less told me everything is functioning correctly but the gallbladder is having issues with contracting.. They almost had to give me morphine during scan to push the contrast dye or what ever was being used through.. good thing the water worked! I see a surgeon today.. I have all the symptoms of problems of gallbladder and i am already ready to get that sucker out lol... recently i had nasty shooting pains below the right rib so if that's where it is that's probably it! ugh and because of my guts being bad I have massive hemorrhoids from all the diarrhea i have had in the last 3 weeks... The roids are worst than my low back pain gosh!! Any ideas for the roids? A cream that a doc prescriped me a year ago has no effect at all.. Gosh I hope they dont start gushing blood thats all i need is for my girlfriend to see that through my pants comming out.. My luck that will happen... Talk about a massive turn off lol..
  • It was determined that I had a bad gallbladder. It wasn't contracting right. Had surgery yesterday! I feel great now! I only have taken 1 5mg oxycodone pill since yesterday with very mild pain from surgery.. Very lucky I guess considering some of the other things people have went through..

I had a whole bowl of mashed potatoes and 2 cups of pudding so far today and no negative effects like I would have had before the surgery. So happy!!

I think my surgeon did a very good job!!
  • I hope you recover completely and glad the pain is gone now. Take care. Charry
advertisement